SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Boost Addict
1,451 Posts
Are you going to be using the AD22's w/ the kit or the wilwood 4piston calipers?

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Are you going to be using the AD22's w/ the kit or the wilwood 4piston calipers?
I am using Wilwood 4 piston calipers. I actually just finished the install with the help of the boys. I ended up using a 5mm spacer. I am going to order some longer wheel studs next week somtime. I do not feel to safe running the OEM studs. They seem a little short.

Thanks for the replies guys. I honestly was under the impression that the rims would fit without a spacer. Man even with the spacer in place it is a tight fit.

·
Beware....THE BEAR!!
1,730 Posts
I wanna see some pics!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I just got my kit here waiting for the rotors...

fu*king FedEx and their direct signature when no one is home bullsh*t :rant:

Cheers-
Erich

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
I am using Wilwood 4 piston calipers. I actually just finished the install with the help of the boys. I ended up using a 5mm spacer. I am going to order some longer wheel studs next week somtime. I do not feel to safe running the OEM studs. They seem a little short.

Thanks for the replies guys. I honestly was under the impression that the rims would fit without a spacer. Man even with the spacer in place it is a tight fit.
I would definitely NOT do any aggressive driving if you are using the stock wheel studs. I am running the Forged Dynalites with Coleman Racing 2-piece 11" rotors (aluminum hat) under my B14 "SE-L" rims using H&R 5mm spacers which came with longer wheel studs.

-saaby

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would definitely NOT do any aggressive driving if you are using the stock wheel studs. I am running the Forged Dynalites with Coleman Racing 2-piece 11" rotors (aluminum hat) under my B14 "SE-L" rims using H&R 5mm spacers which came with longer wheel studs.

-saaby

Cool deal man.

I really do not feel to safe using the OEM wheel studs. Longer studs will be ordered soon.

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
Cool deal man.

I really do not feel to safe using the OEM wheel studs. Longer studs will be ordered soon.

You should just give me the brakes then, I've already got longer studs... ;)

Looks good, I'm jealous!

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well guys today I tried to move the car for the first time since the install and the car barely moved. Somthing is not right :(

I took a closer look and realized that the caliper is hitting on the outside of the rotor right on the edges :(. These brakes are really getting to me. I feel I should just stick with the NX2K's.

By chance does anyone have a detailed write up or pictures of how to properly install these? I usually figure **** out for myself but, as many of you know I am moving to Ohio and I leave in a few days. Time is very limited and I have alot of other thinsg to worry about.

Any help would be great. Also any help on how to properly bleed these things would be great. TIA!

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
By chance does anyone have a detailed write up or pictures of how to properly install these? I usually figure sh*t out for myself but, as many of you know I am moving to Ohio and I leave in a few days. Time is very limited and I have alot of other thinsg to worry about.
Worst case, take them off and I can give you a hand when you get here.

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Worst case, take them off and I can give you a hand when you get here.

I am going to give it one more shot tonight. My boy Lance has a set of Wilwoods on his B13 so I am going to compare and make sure I am doing this right.

If not when I get to Ohio I will mess around with it a little more and will take you up on your offer. Geekout! and Blair's place!! :biggthump

·
wants to go play
2,230 Posts
I am going to give it one more shot tonight. My boy Lance has a set of Wilwoods on his B13 so I am going to compare and make sure I am doing this right.

If not when I get to Ohio I will mess around with it a little more and will take you up on your offer. Geekout! and Blair's place!! :biggthump
Let me know how it goes. I've got a question out to my racer contacts about bleeding the calipers too.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts