SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am selling my car, this is a very abrupt decision that I don't want to think about. Basically it has the DE motor, 69,000 miles on the car/motor. It is a 1996, the car has been turbo for about 9 months. I REALLY want to keep it, but insurance payments are far too high for me. The setup is:

USDM SR20DE
BlueBird turbo kit
JWT 370cc inj. @ 3bar ecu
S4 Cams
JGY Exhaust
Probably lots of other stuff that I am forgetting.

This car made 220hp and 238ft-lb., since that dyno I have added test pipe, 3" exhaust, and done a lot of tuning, I think it is in the mid 230hp range now. It ran a [email protected] about a month ago.

I want to get $5,500 for the car, as is. Offers will be considered! I am not interested in parting it out. I basically can not afford to keep the car for a few reasons, you can ask anybody on this forum if this car is in great condition, they will answer with a resounding YES. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me @ [email protected].com, or call me 407-716-3548, ask for Justin. Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no problem working out shipping arrangements as long as the other party is willing also.

·
Registered
232 Posts
how about 4200.00 can you email pics to [email protected]

Crono1321 said:
I am selling my car, this is a very abrupt decision that I don't want to think about. Basically it has the DE motor, 69,000 miles on the car/motor. It is a 1996, the car has been turbo for about 9 months. I REALLY want to keep it, but insurance payments are far too high for me. The setup is:

USDM SR20DE
BlueBird turbo kit
JWT 370cc inj. @ 3bar ecu
S4 Cams
JGY Exhaust
Probably lots of other stuff that I am forgetting.

This car made 220hp and 238ft-lb., since that dyno I have added test pipe, 3" exhaust, and done a lot of tuning, I think it is in the mid 230hp range now. It ran a [email protected] about a month ago.

I want to get $5,500 for the car, as is. Offers will be considered! I am not interested in parting it out. I basically can not afford to keep the car for a few reasons, you can ask anybody on this forum if this car is in great condition, they will answer with a resounding YES. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me @ [email protected], or call me 407-716-3548, ask for Justin. Thanks,

Justin

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1. $4200 is about what you would pay for a stock SE-R with about 100,000 miles on it. This car has 69,000 miles, and has the cleanest T25 setup you will ever see, ask anyone who has gazed upon it. $5500 is MORE than fair, considering that is probably how much I have spent JUST in mods, not the car itself, which I bought 2 years ago for about 8g.

Thanks for the bump Larry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
wtf you only trapped 100 mph with that kind of power? My aem cai/ps/ header/stock exhaust 91 with a jdm 9.5:1 DE trapped 97 and Noclassic on here trapped 106 with basically the same setup as you @ 8 psi with the T25 in his 94.

·
Fear no honda
923 Posts
It's called slicks for one,, My VE traps only 96 and i go 14.2, Justin's 13.6 was on 8psi!,.,.,.,. .If your not tryin to buy or aid in the sale DON'T POST,, he didn't ask you to compair his car, He asked you to buy it. but just cuz im curious wat u do at 97?.. 15.1 15.0? there is a big difference between NA and boosted

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the black-up Larry my man. It is true, I was on slicks when the car ran [email protected]

Also, consider the sale suspended, Larry and I have some 240's to whoop up on!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Se-Rious92sentra said:
It's called slicks for one,, My VE traps only 96 and i go 14.2, Justin's 13.6 was on 8psi!,.,.,.,. .If your not tryin to buy or aid in the sale DON'T POST,, he didn't ask you to compair his car, He asked you to buy it. but just cuz im curious wat u do at 97?.. 15.1 15.0? there is a big difference between NA and boosted
Odd, my old car went 8.52 1/8 mile (roughly 13.2) on slicks and i trapped 80 on street tires and 79 on slicks. Either way even if the trap/et match up the power to the e/t doesnt match up.

My car is good for 14.3 @ 97 something

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
osoincoherent said:
Odd, my old car went 8.52 1/8 mile (roughly 13.2) on slicks and i trapped 80 on street tires and 79 on slicks. Either way even if the trap/et match up the power to the e/t doesnt match up.

That's funny, I don't recall asking for your times on a car you don't have any more. I don't care what other cars run, I care what I can run, which was a [email protected] on 7-8psi.

Also, like I said earlier, the car is no longer for sale, unless of course the right price comes along, I was able to get a much lower insurance rate through Progressive....about $900 less.

Justin

·
WASHED UP
2,440 Posts
osoincoherent said:

Bullshit :rolleyes: .A de with I/E/H cant trap 80mph(aem cai makes no power no modded se-r FYIF) my sr20ve runs [email protected] and i trap 80mph in the 1/8 .I have raced many sr20de's and they dont have top end without cams period.

·
Registered
19 Posts
kesi24 said:
Bullshit :rolleyes: .A de with I/E/H cant trap 80mph(aem cai makes no power no modded se-r FYIF) my sr20ve runs [email protected] and i trap 80mph in the 1/8 .I have raced many sr20de's and they dont have top end without cams period.

too bad my old car was a turbo civic

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
It's going because I want RWD. I am getting a 240. I don't like the fact that I can't keep the tires planted at 230hp, much less 350 that I am going to have. RWD is a better application for higher horsepower cars.

Justin

1 - 20 of 21 Posts