SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could you guys let me know where the wires are that need to be tapped. I have the FSM. Just wondering if you tapped them at the ECU or if there is an easier place. Also, I am running my gauges off the power from the cig lighter. Would it be ok to take the power from there? Lastly, reccomend a Timer for me. :)

·
PLAY MY HEAD, MONKEY!
9,943 Posts
i tapped mine under the steering wheel. there was a link around on the forum that has the wire colors. Which one do you have?

·
Undecided
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
daveracer said:
i tapped mine under the steering wheel. there was a link around on the forum that has the wire colors. Which one do you have?
Haven't decided yet. Looking at the HKS Type0 or type 1. Also the Apexi. Any of them are less than 100$.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
do a google search under "hotshot turbo install se-r" or something along those lines and you should find Dr. Lew's website for his 200sx

·
GT30R'd Up
1,813 Posts
http://www.brazosport.cc.tx.us/~lshadoff/turbo/timer.html

Here's the link. I just wired my Blitz FATT up with the same wire diagram and it worked great. Funny thing that no one ever picked up and commented on....Y'kno that little button you have to press in order to get the key out?? If you don't have you finger on the button while you are about to shut off the car (And pull out the key) and you let the key sit in the "locked" off position, the car turns off and the Turbo Timer doesn't kick in. I was just wondering if you B14 owners with a Turbo Timer have the same problem. The Turbo Timer ends up coming on after u take out the key but at that point the car is already off.....WIERD?!?! Just make sure you are holding the button down while u turn off the car and pull out the key. Hope the Link helps!

Allan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts