SR20 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 sentra with a sr20de and i was wondering if any of u guys would know any other flywheels that would would be interchangeable thanks in advance. Ive heard 00-01 g20 sr20 but im not really sure?

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
'95 - '01 SR20.

·
2001 B15Ve+T
632 Posts
i am going to agree with him, i am running a b15 flywheel on a det block.

·
2001 B15Ve+T
632 Posts
i am running a b14 ecu in a b15, and i dont have any sensors near the flywheel at all. I think its all done through the distributor.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
The B14s used the same crank sensor in the bellhousing. That's why I put '95 - '01.

·
2001 B15Ve+T
632 Posts
The B14s used the same crank sensor in the bellhousing. That's why I put '95 - '01.
post a pic of this plz, i installed my engine and dont remember connecting anything near the bell housing

·
All rust and no boost
74 Posts
The Fidanza flywheel with 108 teeth should work in your car, that's what i will be using soon.

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
Yes, any sr20 that came with the crank sensor will have to correct flywheel like Eric said 95-01.

Rob, on the front of the tranny where it bolts to the block, you will see the sensor. If you are at the front of the car looking down it will be to the right of the motor mount. It should be a grey, two wire sensor with one bolt at the top of it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, any sr20 that came with the crank sensor will have to correct flywheel like Eric said 95-01.

Rob, on the front of the tranny where it bolts to the block, you will see the sensor. If you are at the front of the car looking down it will be to the right of the motor mount. It should be a grey, two wire sensor with one bolt at the top of it.
thanks ur info is helpful

·
Kicking it over @ g20.net
385 Posts
Yea but for us if it dont have the place on the ring gear for the crank position it will trigger a cel
do you even know what your talking abot??

the reason for the CEL is due to the tooth count on the FW, if u run the wrong one with 95+ cars you get a CEL, because the CPS (crank position sensor) is a magnetic hal sensor, it generates a wavelenth pattern that the teeth of the flywheel minipulate....if you run the wronfg FW, it creates a diffretn wave length, thus the ECU thinks something is wrong (ie broken tooth on FW, or whatever)...

there is now sensor ON the FW, i also dont think the MAtl of the FW matters either...

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
do you even know what your talking abot??

the reason for the CEL is due to the tooth count on the FW, if u run the wrong one with 95+ cars you get a CEL, because the CPS (crank position sensor) is a magnetic hal sensor, it generates a wavelenth pattern that the teeth of the flywheel minipulate....if you run the wronfg FW, it creates a diffretn wave length, thus the ECU thinks something is wrong (ie broken tooth on FW, or whatever)...

there is now sensor ON the FW, i also dont think the MAtl of the FW matters either...
Not looking for broken teeth etc. It's there to check for variations in speed, ie misfires.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts