SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am geting back fire when i hold the rpm around 3000, i just replaces the wires roater and cap, and my spark plugs are not that old probly 4 5 months, and i just checked my timing and it was about 16 17* so im kinda miffed on what is making my car back fire ?
dose any one know what could make my nx do this ?

Thanks

------------------

92 NX2000, kyb agx, intrax springs, jwt pop,
3a Racing muffler with bonzi tip,
17 " mille miglia mm 112, Yokohama avid h4

·
Stuck on an island
1,284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my o2 sensor probly needs replacing, and my fuel filter i just replaced when i did my plugs last, but how do i check for a leaky injector? by the way its not like a bang when i hear the back fire its sounds more like a mufled poping almost like its a pop corn maker and sounds like its in the cat.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I had a leaky injector once and it blew a fist size hole in my muffler.big shot gun boom and you saw every body ducking for cover in the block.hehe. also the leaky injector left the spark plug oh so black so check em but I don't think yours are leaking with just a pop.

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI with POPchgr,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex., ZEX flywheel & JW 50 shot nos with 60 shot jet. and much more goodies!

W

·
0 Posts
Hey i just found this forum the other day because of the same problem. i was told to clean up the egr bpt tube, but didn't help. then i played with the timing. i retarded it a bit and it took most of it out. i also have done a complete tune up last week.

·
Registered
415 Posts
LOL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by redman007:
big shot gun boom and you saw every body ducking for cover in the block.hehe.</font>

------------------
1993 Nissan Sentra SE-R (5-Speed Manual)
STILLEN Hi-Flow Intake
STILLEN Performance Exhaust
Hotshot Racing Header (Ordering Soon)
Kosei K1 Silver Racing Wheels
Dunlop SP Sport 5000 Tires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts