SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Today as I pulled in my driveway my engine decided to start going CLICK CLICK CLICK, sputter, off. It starts back up, but It cranks, then it goes... blub blub blub, click click, blub blub, click. And the clicks are loud. I pulled off my VC and I can see nothing wrong visually. Any input? TIA!

------------------
Greg Taylor
Black 96 200SX SE-R
More info on my car

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
oh ****. Sorry to bring you the bad news, but I would bet you spun a rod-bearing.

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
New update:

- Spark plug in #1, gap is closed
- removing the wire in #1 doesn't effect the way the engine runs
- removing all the others does
- knock comes and goes as if something is in the engine and is moving around
- My grandfather thinks that the head gasket blew or that when I clean the throttle body something went in the engine

Any more input? Thanks...

·
VVL - Very Very Loud™
11,741 Posts
www.geocities.com/serban91r/rattle.wav

copy and paste that...
thats the sound of a spun bearing from my last engine...to me its the worst sound you could ever have. does it sound similar to that?

R.I.P. to my old engine

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Well that to me at least sounds like your #1 bearing is done. Maybe not though. Definately sounds like some kind of internal damage, at least in that cylinder. Let us know what you find out

------------------
-Nuke the bastards-

Stormy
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Spings, Courtesy F&R STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), Brembo X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli P700z's

www.WhiteLineRacing.com

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by borguesian:
New update:

- My grandfather thinks that the head gasket blew or that when I clean the throttle body something went in the engine

</font>

Thats probably the most unlikely scenario. Ok, when I had my 91 SE-R back in 1999....I was cleaning the TB out and the little plastic hose flew into the engine by accident. Perhaps I was lucky, but nothing ever came of it. I suppose it melted.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
420 Posts
***I'm just thinking out loud**** could your timing be off and detonation trashed your engine? That is definitely a hurt engine (I share your pain). Video 3 almost fire up. Could there also be a distrubtor problem? I noticed you gave it a lot of throttle and it didn't respond. A bent rod somehow? I'm not sure just some ideas. Good luck and keep us informed so we can help!

G

·
0 Posts
Valve problem...see my post on the SE-R list. This aint a rod bearing problem.
Mike

·
Old
744 Posts
That rattling sound almost made me sick, then I hear Greg's. My god. Do you think you messed up something while racing with us? I hope you get that fixed SOON.

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess it could possibly be a result from racing... but it ran fine for over a weeks, and MarK has beat his car for 166k miles. Sooo, I dunno
. I hope I get it fixed soon also. Until then I am stuck w/ a Chrsyler Mini Van

1 - 13 of 13 Posts