SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
VVL Poppin animal!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up people i'v been having some issues with my rad fans they a'int turning on...

as of right now my car is off the road and will be for a while ever since i swapped out the old DE to a "JDM DE"

i got a new thermostat and water pump but i didn't get a temp sensor the one with the red plug.

i relocated the battery to the back but i left out the ground wire that ran from the engine itself to the chassis and then to the negative terminal of the battery and from the trunk i ran a ground with that same wire. and the + wire is all hooked up the way it should, i ran 4g kicker wire nice and neat.

the car starts and every thing works except the fans could that ground from the motor to the chassis be causing my problem??

Oh and can it do harm to my Alternator?
:fingersx
its been cold and my full time school hours have been messing with me so i'v been thinking of what the problem could be before i buy more wire and heat shrink and im praying for it not to be any thing else!:eek2:

thank you guys for your help and time

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Why didn't you connect that ground? Which temp sensor did you use?

·
VVL Poppin animal!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i have a ground running from the negative pole of the battery to the chassis but none from the motor to the chassis and im using the same sensor the motor came with

1 - 4 of 4 Posts