SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, here is the deal.
I just put on a set of the Crystal clear H4/9003 headlights and the clear corners from LIUSPEED. They went on fine and look great. Here is the problem.

The driver side is aimed about the right height, but too far towards the passenger side. I played for a while but couldn't figure out how to aim it more left.
And...
The passenger side is WAAAAY too low. No matter what I do, to either aiming knob, the aim does not change. It appears to be slightly right too, but mainly really low.

Each headlight has two aiming knobs, one on the outside at the top, the other at the inside mounted at the bottom. Any theories? Is it possible that the aiming mechanism is loose or broken on the passenger side? How would I check it?
Thanks for any help :cool:
Ted

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
i got my headlight done by alignment shop with a special machine damn those guys rock it is so even it is hard to believe

·
Registered
67 Posts
The boner who had my car before me had the lights all pointed crazy. (also 2 different color bulbs) Turns out he messed them up (the aiming screw) somehow so I have a peice of pretty pink foam pushing mine up a bit. Ghetto maybe???

·
Registered
377 Posts
i have the crystal clears too, i have the same exact height problem as you do, my drivers side light is aimed just fine, but no matter what i do i cannot raise my passenger side, i believe i broke it during adjustment, i think that if you crank it in too far, you can actually pull the little ball joint out of the inner light housing that makes it move. i need to get brave one of theses days, split the housing and see if i can fix it, it is really annoying

1 - 8 of 8 Posts