SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NX2K Junkie
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, when I accelerate normal/hard in my SE-R I notice a hesitation between 3k and 4k RPM. Sometimes its really bad and other times it barely noticable. It feels like the car just doesn't want to go. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?(timing, O2 sensor)

------------------
Greg Taylor
96 SE-R w/ stuff
My Page

·
Registered
424 Posts
mine does the same thing. I think the EGR system is getting clogged. There is a prcedure on se-r.net that shows how to clean it up a little bit. From what i remeber it sounded pretty easy

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by borguesian:
Hello, when I accelerate normal/hard in my SE-R I notice a hesitation between 3k and 4k RPM. Sometimes its really bad and other times it barely noticable. It feels like the car just doesn't want to go. Anyone have any ideas what this could be?(timing, O2 sensor)

</font>
Greg, i already emaield you, cuz i saw your post to the list, but go ahead and add the cleaning of the EGR to the list, also. Try cleaning out your throttle body while your at it. i did when i first got my car a year ago, and i noticed a difference.

------------------
Ryan Walsh...1st 97 owner ever to succesfully mount a 98SE exhaust to a 97SER!
relaxing after a quiet ride home from SF2K1. first day without an exhaust in a long time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts