SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 NX2K with about 126,000 miles on it. I have been trying to track down an idle problem for a while and I was hoping someone might have a suggestion. The car idles rough and the idle will dive sometimes when I come to a stop (ie: drop to 500rpm and then come back). The idle almost feels like the car is "missing." I have the EGR plugged on my exhaust manifold (the idle problem existed before I plugged this up). I have previously replaced the spark plugs, cap, rotor, wires, and fuel filter. I have also cleaned the emissions tubes and openings.

The background on this is that my NX had pretty much every bolt on possible. I recently returned the car to stock, thinking that the poor idle was due to the cams. It turns out that that is not the case and now I believe that in the process of replacing the cams, I somehow blew my cam timing (haven't had a chance to check yet). I do have the idle and timing set correctly.

I would appreciate any suggestions. I really want to fix this and get back to enjoying the car.

Thanks,
Ben
'93 NX2K

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NXBen:
I have a 1993 NX2K with about 126,000 miles on it. I have been trying to track down an idle problem for a while and I was hoping someone might have a suggestion. The car idles rough and the idle will dive sometimes when I come to a stop (ie: drop to 500rpm and then come back). The idle almost feels like the car is "missing." I have the EGR plugged on my exhaust manifold (the idle problem existed before I plugged this up). I have previously replaced the spark plugs, cap, rotor, wires, and fuel filter. I have also cleaned the emissions tubes and openings.

The background on this is that my NX had pretty much every bolt on possible. I recently returned the car to stock, thinking that the poor idle was due to the cams. It turns out that that is not the case and now I believe that in the process of replacing the cams, I somehow blew my cam timing (haven't had a chance to check yet). I do have the idle and timing set correctly.
</font>
It could be a bad O2 sensor. Mine was bad and my car idled like crap and ran like crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts