SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Turbo owns you!!!!!!!!
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :( Well i was on my way home from work tonight and a deer ran in front of me i slammed on my brakes but there was nothing i could do. I hit it. All i could think about was my 92 SE-R. I wanted to cry when i saw the car. The hood is smashed in a little and the front bumper is kind of ok but my front grill and NISMO radiator are pushed in and my drivers side headlight exploded. The car was running fine and started fine and nothing was leaking but i was not gonna risk it so i had it towed. Luckily i am ok but all i can think about is my car. It looks repairable and luckily i havent done my DET swap yet because i think i would cry.:( :( :

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Damn Deer

I feel you pain Bro. I had my 94 Probe repainted about a month before I hit a deer one night on the way home. Luckly I only had minor damages but the bastard installed a nice scratch-dent in my passenger door.
Good luck repairing it.

Darren

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
My brother lives in K.C. and my mom and dad were up there this week. One ran out and ran into the side of his car and did 4k worth of damage! That's the 2'nd guy it 2 weeks I know in K.C. thats been hit by a deer. Down here in texas we just shoot em it's cheaper!

·
Registered
29 Posts
The same thing happened to me on September 22 at 11:30pm in Fremont CA. I was travelling north on Mission Blvd. to drop a friend off at the BART station (light rail) and this adult doe walks right into my path!!! I hit the deer at about 25mph even though I slammed on the brakes:eek: :eek:

The doe went flying forward about 30feet and then rolled abother 25 feet. It was dead from it's injuries after 10 minutes, mostly due to internal bleeding. I was lucky to have a Fremont Police officer driving right behind me. (really! He was really cool :cool: ) with in a matter of minutes two additional units were on the scene routing traffic around the deer.

I was totally shaken up! The officer says this thing happens all the time in Fremont on Mission Blvd. Hits and near misses. with wildlife.

My car was drivable with damage to my hood and right headlight and right front body pannel. Thank goodness for full-comprehensive coverage:D
The total cost ran over $2500!!! I had to pay a deductable of $250.

I never would have thought of hitting a deer in the bay area...go figure!

·
Registered
803 Posts
I was coming home on a Sunday from Northern Wisconsin and about 1 hour north of Green Bay I hit a deer at 65 mph. It just wickedly screwed up my front end on my Corolla (had it 2 months by then). It messed up the bumper, hood, radiator, whole air conditioning system, headlights, front grill, and bent both of the front fenders at the ends. Absolutely worst feeling I've ever had, while driving a car, was hitting something going that fast. To top it off, I had to spend the next 6 hours waiting for someone to pick me up while I waited in a retro '50's dinner called "Happy Daze", while the owner of the restaraunt tried to get me to join some phone selling club thing. Had to be, without a doubt' the absolute worst day of my life. It cost over $4000 including the tows involved and I was without my car for an entire month. :mad: Thank God for insurance.

·
Registered
858 Posts
first time upstate New York I saw this huge beast with crazy long horns right in my path just staring at me. I said holy [email protected]# wtf is that? my friend said Deer! and I swerved and went into a ditch. I looked at my buddy and told him if I would have hit that thing my car would have been trashed.huge approx.400 lb. deer . The funny part is that there was a deer crossing sign before it and he said be careful ,deer crossing.and I started laughing and told him "what do you think deers know how to read and cross at the sign bitch" then oh sh#@ screeeetch.he was like I told you bro! after that,10 mph and high beams on.:) sorry about you're ride:(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mach5motorsport said:
The doe went flying forward about 30feet and then rolled abother 25 feet.
Good things it didnt roll up over the hood. Happened to my Uncle, but this was Monster! Demolished the front of the car and the front windshield. It was an 92 Eclispe. Our cars with the low cowls can be dangerous that way.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Holy **** Redman, I want your engine! 4 angle valve job? That is the kind of **** that makes big NA horsepower, not bolt-ons. And in my opinion, it is more respectable. Thats whats happening if/when I get new engine/rebuild. Just so expensive unless you can do it yourself (I cant).

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hit a deer last night

Sorry to hear about that. On my way to work last night i hit an already dead deer in the road. No one bothered to clear it out of the road at all. All i know was i was in the lane and the other was blocked by a truck so all i could do was speed up a little to help lift the front and hope for the best. I got the best..... nothing happened to my car and it is running the same.

Good luck.

·
8300RPM sure is fun
1,234 Posts
my grandma hit a dear going 80 in her b12 sentra. everything was pushed back a good couple inches. still ran though even though the radiator fans were part of the motor itself, lol. but, it overheated like a bitch so she got a b13 sentra limited. that car lasted her a month as she hit some mud on a road and hit a ditch head on, doing a front flip.

she drives a saturn now. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts