SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've posted this message (similar) in another forum and gotten no repsonse..

This is driving us nuts, but pretty often (almost every time) the car doesnt want to start that well. I've already had the starter replaced (fun in a 1991 sentra se-r), distrubutors, spark plugs, PCV, throttle body, O2 sensor, EGR value, catalyst convert replaced. Most of these weren't replaced because of the starter but because the thing kept failing emmission tests. The starter we replaced when it wouldn't start for us several days n a row and left me stranded at work.

Please, help me find the truth. What am I missing here?

·
Registered
202 Posts
You say it's not starting well- what are the symtoms? Does it crank? What happens?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She cranks, Very slowly at first, like the starter isn't getting enough power (or like the engine doesn't have anything to be sparked)then after 5 or so seconds of constant cranking the engine finally gets the hint and starts up.

Some people tells me different things: Timing, fuel mixture being out of whack, fuel pump not getting the signal and all..

I've already spentover 1000 getting her running and passing DEQ, and this is heartbreaking.. =(

·
Registered
705 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Cuculain:
Some people tells me different things: Timing, fuel mixture being out of whack, fuel pump not getting the signal and all..

I've already spentover 1000 getting her running and passing DEQ, and this is heartbreaking.. =(
</font>
Sounds like the fule pump. Can you hear the fuel pump run when you turn the key, if it sounds liek it alwas did then thats not the problem. If oyu dont hear it right away, or it stutters then thats your problem.

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Greddy cat-back, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh joy!
;>

So where's the fuel pump in a 1991 nissan sentra? The repair book I got for the sentras doesnt really pay much attention to cars like the se-r bur rather that GA-crap and some other carburated ones.. ;/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts