SR20 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1995 240SX
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I did try and search the forums before I posted this, so if I missed the 1 or 2 articles about the subject out of a couple hundred posts forgive me.

I just had a few questions about the subject. I googled it but I can’t seem to get a strait answer without it getting too technical to understand.:confused:

-What exactly is the purpose of it?
-What are the major pros and cons?
-Cost of the process?
-Does it have something to do with the weight of the pistons and rods - vs - the weight of the crank?

The reason im asking all these questions is because I am starting my first major project on my 240sx as soon as I can source a DET block and I wanted to know if this was an option for building an engine with great response as the major goal in mind. Thanks in advance.

·
1995 240SX
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on someone has to know something to say about the issue. Where are all the all-knowing veterans out there????

·
Registered
299 Posts
Getting a motor balanced is just that..... the better the balance the less vibrations and it makes and the effort it takes to spin it alot less.... like a wheel ... a low weight well ballanced wheel ... the point of blueprinting is realy no more that a map of you motor, charting every step of the build so that you know that all the messurments are right, .... like rather than just ordering yellow bearings, you would order per the clearance down to the .00001"

Cost..... yea it cost..... anywhere for $1500 to well over $5000....

·
1995 240SX
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but what exactly is being balanced here? From what I read at other websites I got the idea that what was being balanced is the whole rotating assembly. If Im wrong please correct me. Does anyone know how it is all balanced and If this would aid in giving my motor better responce?

·
Registered
299 Posts
it would rev harder, faster, higher.. it will respond alot better.....alot!!

·
1995 240SX
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks I was in the dark about all that. I read so many articles and most of them made no sence at all. I remember reading about spoon engines back when I was into Hondas and I belive all the engines Spoon sold were balanced and all that good stuff. I quess thats what makes them so coveted. The spoon engine I guess is the equivelent of the Toda SR20DET now that I'm into nissans. It seems to be a real agressive track engine. I would love to have resources at my will to create a engine like that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dont we all lol.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Rubberberner said:
i can fully balance down to .1 grams, and blueprint engines (*depending on your desired hp level and type of driving*) if you're interested, shoot me a PM or an Email: [email protected]
where at in Tampa are you?

·
1995 240SX
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll keep you in mind when I get the time to finish my bottom end.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Word same here..... my other one was done by Z fever.... twice and blew both times, one didnt even make it to the stop sign, the othe was transported home and blew coming off the trailer.... they suck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
You yuys seem to knw alot abt blueprints. Heres the thing, im a newbie and prod owner of a '93 NX2000 powerd by a SR20VE head with a DE block. My block is f'D up and so i decieded to buy a VE block. Now the block is disasemeld, compltely, im ordering new piston rings and o-rings. Everything else on the block is perfect. I jst need the blueprints cause i have no clue how to reasemble he block cause i baught the block as is. Pls of anyone can tell me where to find the blueprints for my block or if you have'em pls send'em to me or explain hw to assemble the block. My email is [email protected] OR [email protected] PLS!!!! im very eagger to gt my NX2K running, i have all he tools i need to do it jst no guiedence. Thx you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts