SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I refused to use a fork to separate my ball joints because I didn't want to have to buy new boots. I used a gear puller instead and it worked ok.. Running without a boot will cause the joint to fail eventually.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
In putting my ES control arm bushings in this weekend, I destroyed both of my balljoint boots. I searched on the SE-R list archives, and I found part number
9-13131-G. Courtesy has to order these, but the ES web site doesn't show them at all. I looked at Summit, and the same thing. DOes anyone know if these are the correct ones? Does anyone have any balljoints around their garage? I just need measurements.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
Thanks Brian. I placed an order with you guys today, and Bruce said it might be a few weeks to get the boots. I didn't have time to wait on everything else, so I'm trying to find them somewhere else.

P

·
0 Posts
ball joint forks? wtf? you are talking about the ball joints on the tie-rod ends in the steering right? all you have to do is loosen the nut to the end but noot all the way off and then tap the arm the joint locks into, tap it with a hammer on the arm not on the joint nout or the joint itself your not wacking it out, its taper fit a tap beside it will free it whereas pulling/levering wont.
chris.

------------------
primeras its where its at.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
After a quick look at suspension.com's web site ( http://www.suspension.com/nissancars.htm ), the part number they have is 9-13103. This part number is also on Energy Suspensions website. Maybe is was a typing error in the archives. I'll call a few local shops to see if they have any of these in stock. As for removing the balljoint by hitting it with a hammer, I removed by not removing the axle or the strut bolts. This way my alignment doesn't change. I $4 boot is cheaper than a $50 alignment.

P

·
0 Posts
taking out the joint wont change your allignment, but re-bushing a suspension/steering component will.
chris

------------------
primeras its where its at.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I got ES balljoint boots from suspension.com this weekend. Do I take the old ones off and use these instead, or put these over the old ones?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts