SR20 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and is the owner of the baby blue SE-R in the magazine on this forum. I forgot the guys name but it was an older cat. It was a very nice ride!!!!

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I thought the japanese sr20de was 150hp, which is the primera motor, and the sr20ve was something like 185 hp or something like that.....im not sure though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Did it say 165bhp, or 165ps? Japanese mags often state power in ps rather than bhp. I can't remember the conversion, but the ps number is higher than the equivalent bhp number.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Sounds like the RWD SR20DE(not T). I recall the S14 SR20DE's were rated at around 160-165ps... Not sure if the S15 comes with the N/A SR20 or not.

--Andrew Phan

·
Registered
862 Posts
I read that article last night at Borders. What a waste of ink and paper. The writer is totally ignorant, and the article reflects this.

I was going to buy this magazine, until I actually flipped through it and read some of the articles. This is the UK's answer to Super Street. Only ricier and less technical.

BTW, he also called the Sentra "one of the most forgettable cars of all time" or something to that effect.

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
BTW, he also called the Sentra "one of the most forgettable cars of all time" or something to that effect.
What a wanker. Compared to the base-trim Novas, Astras, and 106s they rice up over there, a Sentra is a luxury yacht.

If the SE-R is "forgettable," then what does he think about the Lotus Cortina, BMW 2002, and Datsun 510?

·
Registered
729 Posts
I am looking at that very magazine that Smooth is talking about and it does in fact say 165hp...
I don't like that wing on it at all,,but the car looks decent...
For all those that don't have the book it is using a Mustang Saleen wing.....

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didnt read the whole article , I was just scanning thru it.
Now I have to do all kinds of research!!!! :mad:

:cool: :D

·
Registered
486 Posts
if it does have more hp than a usdm engine, why?? whats the difference? i always thought they had the same hp

·
Registered
194 Posts
KikoSanchez182 said:
if it does have more hp than a usdm engine, why?? whats the difference? i always thought they had the same hp
Primera motors (150ps) have more hp due to higher compression, possibly better cams, and also a better designed exhaust mani. But I'm almost positive that the 165ps figure they are quoting is off of a rwd sr20 from a non-turbo silvia. Not sure what difference they have over the primera motor but I'm guessing its probably vtc or something which fwd sr20's don't have. Of course I could be talking out my @$$ too. :)

Mel

·
Registered
486 Posts
sweet, a free 8 hp just by gettin the jdm engine. thnx for the info

1 - 14 of 14 Posts