SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what kind of systems do you guys have in your cars? I have Pioneer 3 way 6 1/2's in the doors, stocks in the back, 2 JL 12s (W4's) in the trunk powered by an mtx blue thunder amp...300W 150x2..and a pioneer 5200 deck....just wondering..

also, anybody ever busted out their back windows before from too much pound?

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Well let me be the first to tell you that most people on this board seem to think that big stereo, especially what you are talking about. Atleast that's the impression I got. With that said I used to have 1 Kicker Solobaric L7 15". I had a punch BD1000 on it and hit 146db's. I soon realized how pointless that was so I sold it and bought all go fast stuff. I personally prefer the sound of my car hitting 7000rpms as to that of a loud stereo.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
Registered
254 Posts
Two MTX 12s w/a 600 watt Kenwood amp.

I'm with Matt, ever since I've come to this board my cosmetic/audio days are being outnumbered by performance.

Now I'm saving cash to buy a 5-spd Classic Sentra SE-R and pass my '98 Auto SE-R to my father.

I guess when that performance bug bites, it bites hard!

I did purchase a 5-spd turbo DSM about a year after I bought the SE-R, but sold it two years after. Hell of a ride though. Hope to get the same rush when I purchase the Classic.

------------------
Jerome
1998 Deep Crystal Blue 200SX SE-R
01-11.com

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 05-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jerome (edited 05-29-2001).]

·
Registered
263 Posts
Well, I wanted a little more bass for my jungle and DnB music, but I was caught in the situation of not wanting to spend a lot. Wanting plenty of trunk space, and not adding a lot of weight to my car. What I ended up getting was an Infinity Basslink Self-Enclosed, Self-Powered 10 inch sub. Light, compact, and easier than hell to install! This is connected to my Clarion 6000 series head unit. I have stock speakers in the front, and kenwoods in the back.

Lyn

G

·
personally, i would go with one jl 8w6, with maybe about 100 watts going to it. you really dont need more. also its not gonna be that floppy bass, its going to be a more accurate representation of the music. replace the mids and highs, and you gotta really good sounding system, thats not too flashy, and wont weigh you down. honduhs are good for packing speakers in though, makes em easier to beat.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I had my car audio days, I used to work at Circuit City, so I got a killer discount on car audio, I am an audio freak anyway.
-Panasonic Cmfx-99(I think) receiver, I love it, great clarity, no noisy internal amp, easy as hell to install, 4 wires, and all RCA outputs, paid full price from crutchfield, because CC didn't carry it.
-Kicker impulse amp, 130x2w RMS (subs)
-Alpine V12 amp, 75x2w RMS, got it for $40 because someone returned it 3 times and all that was wrong was a blown fuse, what a dumbass. (fronts)
-Alpine amp, 45x4w RMS bridged to stereo (rears)
-2 Polk audio DX10s in the trunk, I love these, they can thump if I want them too, but they are very accurate, and have a great s/n ratio, I am in it for sound quality, not boom, boom.
-Polk audio DX series 6 1/2" component set in the front, extreme clarity.
-Polk audio DX series 6 1/2" coaxials in the rear, also very clear
-All streetwires interconnect, and power, including, streetwires battery, fuse block, and distribution blocks.
-Dynamat All over the car, I don't want the ghetto rattle.
-oh yea, the most important part, Orange and black tiger stripe fake fur lining the entire trunk. My own custom work.
-I know that this puts a lot more weight in the car, but I need my tunes, I am a audio buff, I need somewhere to listen to my music where it sounds good. But now that I don't work at CC anymore, I am done with audio and have moved on to go fast stuff.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
I personally like having a good system and going fast
I'll stay hush hush for now, but my car does both. Maybe next years convention you guys can check it out.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I used to have a hella stereo, but it all got ripped out when I decided to drop 100 lbs. now I run a clarion 9625, punch 160 on boston pros, and an mtx 250x on a jl free air 10. pretty basic, but sounds good

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Pew Pew Pew
2,829 Posts
Since my car is on a strict diet. And I want to keep the weight as minimal as possible. What's the best route to go for some sort of bass? I've seen the clarion units and it looks like I could fit one under each seat. Any other ideas? My DnB sound's kinda weak without the b.

------------------
96 se-r with a few goodies

·
Registered
263 Posts
Matt,

Like I said earlier, the Infinity Basslink is a great choice because its light, compact, gives a good thump, easy to install, and its fairly cheap if you can pick one up on Ebay.

·
Registered
400 Posts
i still got factory with pioneer premier cd player * looks purty
* not really a boom boom person, sounds good, just not my style yet.....

------------------
Kenneth

1996 RED 200sx SE-R w/dynomax Superturbo Exhaust

G

·
Well, I was big on audio b4 but now, it's all about performance, but i'm not gonna throw away my pretty tight system, so here it is:

Clarion Pro Deck
Front: 6 1/2 Boston Pro
Rear: 6 1/2 Boston Rally
Sub: 10" Boston Pro
Amp:
1) Kenwood 200Watt Mono driving the sub (yeah, i know it really weak for a sub that can handle 1100Watt but I'm satisfied and rather spend that $$ on performance mod)
2) Rockford Fosgate 600a4 driving the 4 boston 6 1/2's.

I'm pretty much don't w/ audio for now, strict performance mod now. I'm looking into a SR20DE or SR20DET swap now, w/ header exhaust, intake, rims, sway bar, strut, spring, and LSD. probably do all that performance mod over the summer. Oh, by the way, i have '95 200SX SE.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
that setup sounds perfect. clarion and boston go hand in hand imho. I would go with a freeair sub b/c it is light, takes up little space, and sounds good.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've been going light as well...

Alpine CD Headunit 7844
Infinity 6.5's up front
Rockford Fosgate 6.5's in Rear

It's got plenty of base for now, weights only a little more than stock. Sounds 1000% better (lol... not hard to do I guess). Eventually I'd like to do a better system, but there are just too many performance upgrades I'd rather do right now.

BTW, my back shelf was really really easy to remove. Took me all of about 5 mins before I was removing the first speaker. It's really not hard if you go into it with the mindset that you don't care if it get's destroyed.
I figured I'd wind up ripping it, but nope... came out without damanging it at all. Anyone else find this easy or hard?

- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
70/30 Racing
2,372 Posts
I didn't want to take up all of the room in my trunk w/ a huge box. So I got one 12 Solo Baric, the box has a volume of only one cubic foot and it sounds like two 12's.

·
Registered
287 Posts
bazooka subs are extremely worth the money and very lightweight.....like 5 lbs for a 10"....i plan on getting 2

·
Registered
287 Posts
how bad do 200sx trunks have problems with rattles? am i gonna need to do the whole dynamat thing?

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
JayTee said:
how bad do 200sx trunks have problems with rattles? am i gonna need to do the whole dynamat thing?
I have no Dynamat in my 95 se-r. Kenwood 6007 deck (6 years old and still holding on), JL Audio 6.5's. Not much will fit in front with the window rail there. A JL Audio 12W3 in a sealed box (pretty small) and a JL Audio 500/1 amp for the sub. 500 watts for 1 12 inch sub. I like a loud system.

Its a small light package with a lot of bass. The trunk doesn't rattle, but interior panels do sometimes. The deck could use a replacing, but not until it shits the bed. Spending the $ on TURBO!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts