SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to put my battery in the trunk soon, and was wondering if all of you who did this have some kind of battery fume tube that leads to the outside of your trunk

------------------

SmoothDaddyFig

·
Registered
727 Posts
Not if you get an Optima battery, but I dont I dont know about a conventional Nissan or "Autozone" battery. I am getting ready to do mine as well next weekend and plan on getting an Optima.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
what's the purpose of this? to gain room in the engine bay?

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silversx:
what's the purpose of this? to gain room in the engine bay?
</font>
That, and to change the weight distribution, making the car a little less front-heavy.

--Andrew Phan

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
i moved mine to the back because i am using a HS warm air intake setup, and the filter was hitting on the battery tie down straps, i now have a dented up worthless K&N filter.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
146.5hp & 131.6lb-ft torque

Serban's SE-R Page

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Just remember the slack jawed yodel at the drag strip or the tech dude at an auto-x may not allow you to run without one. It seems they dont know what a sealed battery is or does. All they know is to look for is a tube. I would probaly go ahead and put one in even tho you may not need it. Wont hurt anything, and could possibly speed up tech inspections.

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Ok you want to make the front heavy. If you want traction more weight= better traction. Thats my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SERracer01:
Ok you want to make the front heavy. If you want traction more weight= better traction. Thats my 2 cents.</font>
From a drag racing standpoint, you're absolutely correct (in reference to FWD cars). But from a road race/autox standpoint (which was what I was referring to), the more evenly balanced car, the better. In that case, front-heavy=not good.

--Andrew Phan

--

1 - 8 of 8 Posts