SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When will it end!!!
Im on a bad streak here. My battery light came on today on my way to work. The car still runs and starts fine. I waited 2 hours and started it again and it started. My radio is all stock. All fuses are fine as well. What should I check first? Is my Alternator going?

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
You are not having any kind of luck with your car latey..better send your bumper this way before it falls off and your run over it :D

I dont know what that could be, if its the alternator, it would kill your battery already...but maybe it hasnt gotten to that point yet. Check the voltage on the battery, see where it stands at.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whats a good reading on the battery?

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tru!
I'll give it a shot tonight at home. :mad: :( :eek:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kjopi -sleeper- said:
mine did that....the alternator went out and it was running on the battery for quite a while...stupid thing stayed on forever until the battery finally gave out, then the car just POOPED >:^( good thing i had a diehard battery, those last forever
I have a DieHard too!!! :D
****, so now I need a damn alternator!!!
Anybody know a good cliff near Tampa!! :( :mad: :D :cool:

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
THANK YOU FAT ALBERT!!!!!!!

I MEAN IT, I OVERLOOKED THAT OPTION!!!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Your alt should show 13.7 to about 14.2 volts at the battery with the car runnin. Call Andreas and get one or just give your car to me. I need another classic! And the last time I was in Florida I didn't see a cliff in the whole damn state!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
------WONDER TWIN POWERS ACTIVATE!!--------

HEY PIMPS AND PLAYERS AND SE-R FREAKS!!!

So I was under my car contemplating on how to take out the Alternator when I touched the alternator belt and "FLOP" , It just dropped. So it was busted and came loose!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!!
Now all I need is a belt!!! yeehaw!!
MORE MONEY FOR Coronas and Lime!!

I really really appreciate all the advice you guys give me!!!!! You're all like my brothers!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts