SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to ask for the spoon feeding, But I'm scooping out my relocation before I start, and I have a few questions.

On the + battery connection there are 3 (I think) wires from it. The main I guess goes to the alternator(I think). But where do the other ones go? And where is the best place to make the connection?

I'm also guessing that I remove the stock ground wire? (Silly question I know but I don't want to screw anything up)

I've read all the archives here and thanks for all the past input. But if anyone could help a dumbass out just a little more I would appreciate it very much.

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

[This message has been edited by Horus (edited 06-14-2001).]

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
Well this is the way I did it. Take out the battery,battery tray and all, you should end up with the relay box hanging out in the middle of nowhere I zipped tied it next to the smaller relay box right inside the drivers fender. Cut the ground wire battery terminal end and put a loop connector on it then clean the paint off of the top of one the bolt holes that held in the battery tray. The cut off the postive battery cable end and cut of the connector ends off the other two wires , go to an Car audio store and buy a power block(one of those things used to wire up amps) Mine had one end that toke 4 guage power wire (what I ran to back of car) and the other side toke 2 - 8 guage and a 4 guage I put the cable going to the starter(big one) in that hole and put the others in the two other holes. Ran my power cable to the trunk, put in a vented marine battery box and ground the negative side of the battery in the spare tire well, clean the paint here also use loop connector too. I put the battery far enough foward that I was able to retain my spare tire too!! Good luck just my $.02

·
Registered
118 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Mine had one end that toke 4 gauge power wire (what I ran to back of car) [/B]</font>
So have you had any problems with the 4 gauge, I was trying to find out if that was big enough.

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
No I used 4 Gauge made for power cable on BIG car amps. Very flexible and carries plenty of juice.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks skyliner!

I remember somebody putting a fuse inline with the hot connection in case of breaking the insulation on the cable. Anyone else do this? Is this common?

------------------
Erik, 94 Classic with goodies
"She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid."

1 - 5 of 5 Posts