SR20 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who have done this via the driver side door (door sill) bottom area. Is it better to run it under the upper trim piece only or under that black plastic molding that covers the factory wires leading to the trunk?

Thanks,
Matt Ostlund
93NX
91SE-R DET

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I ran mine down the center console just to keep that positively charged auroa around the wire away from other wires.
I just drilled an extra hole in the firewall.

------------------

SmoothDaddyFig

·
Registered
312 Posts
well i would recommend running it in with the other wires or if you are worried about inductance into the other wires pull the carpeting back a little further and run it under the passenger seat since you already have that half of the interior out.

hope that helps
Rick

------------------
92 SE-R w/ CAI by hotshot, Battery relocate by Me, Tunes by Sony and JL, And communications by Icom

·
Registered
1,012 Posts

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
I ended up running the wire through the hole in the engine bay next to the master cylander. From there it goes into the area above the splash guard and into a large runner grommet and comes out right above the fusebox area. I then ran it under the carpet next to the door sill and into the trunk. I ran it right by the back seat to the passenger side and then under the felt trim until it reached the passenger corner. I used 20 feet (for both posi and neg) of #2awg welding cable that cost me $.79 a foot. I also am using a 200 amp circuit breaker for safety reasons, I'm mounting it to the Moroso battery box.

Hope this helps someone,
Matt Ostlund
93NX
91SE-R DET

1 - 5 of 5 Posts