SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
VVL Poppin animal!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys think is a better battery?

optima red top or yellow

I know blue is marine and yellow is deep cycle.

which web site is a good place to buy one and get a good deal on one?

or if there is any other brand i should consider thanks!

·
SE-R CLASSIC
259 Posts
i bought a yellow one for my B13 from Sears 7 years ago for $129.99 and never had a problem so i'd definitively go with yellow:biggthump

·
DSP autox
103 Posts
I use a Panasonic that's the size of a lawn tractor battery.It's either a dry cell or gel cell(not sure),and it weighs about 9lbs.It will always start the car in the summer,and mostly in the winter.I've used it for 2 years with no issues.The car is a 96 Se-R that is my daily driver and DSP autocross car,with all accessories except a/c.I paid $59 at my local speed shop.Saved me 30 lbs over the Autozone battery that was in there.I do switch it out in the winter to save all the cussing when it won't crank at 0 degrees.:eek2:

·
VVL Poppin animal!!
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol i have been using a interstate lawn tractor battery for a while now and i finally decided to get a battery but idk i orderd it from that site and i havent gotten a reply with shipping info all i got was a recipt but it might be *** i got it on xmas day

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have had 1 yellow and 2 reds. Yellow top worked ok but didn't seem to have as much punch as the red tops. I am sticking to red top now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts