SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oki!
but can I fit the silvia rwd engine in my nx2000??? with my stock tranny??? or the rwd engine cant fit in my car???

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Uh, why would u want to? The RWD silvia engine does not have direct ignition like the FWD sr20de engines and the sr20det AWD engines, so you would have to find a way to convert it. Plus, I don't think the FWD sr20 gear-boxes bolt up to the RWD det engine so an adapter plate will have to be made for it to work. Then the intake will be exiting on the left instead of the right and we all know space on the left is tight already!

In the end, if you do get it to run properly, you'll just have a 230hp silvia engine in your car that you could have gotten out of a BB det by turning up the boost to 10psi (exactly how much the silvia engine runs). It's all the same, just different drivetrain plat form!

------------------

Aint nobody dope as me, i'm just so fresh and clean
paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

·
Registered
62 Posts
Well actually the silvia engines do have direct ignition and also get the variable cam timing and a much better plenum/intake runners.

That said, if the engine is going into a FWD then your best bet is the bluebird engine, save you heaps of hassle in both the gearbox and clearing the firewall.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
the motor can't be converted, the head is different and the intake manifold faces the other way (can't remember whats different on the block) besides the BBdet is probably cheaper... but other than that they are similar as for power output

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
782 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CyberIce:
Are the Bluebird sr20det and the Silvia Sr20det the same engine????
thanks!!!
</font>
Bluebird SR20DET (FWD Motor Layout) Actual AWD Drivetrain

Silvia S13-S15 (RWD Motor Layout) Actual RWD Drivetrain

The Bluebird is similar to the AWD Eclipse layout ; A FWD Layout Motor w/ AWD Driveline

Where as the Silvia is exactly like any of the RWD cars ; ie: US 240sx & Supra

The BB SR20DET & Pulsar GTiR SR20DET are the only motors to fit into the FWD US Spec 200SX, Sentra, & NX.

The Silvia Motor will fit into any year US Spec RWD 240SX.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1497569&a=11327630

Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.4 ft/lb @ 19 psi, 13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.0 @ 118.77 mph(Slicks), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (7-9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Sumitomo 205/40/ZR17 Tires (Street), 13x7.5 White Lenso VPD's w/ Mickey Thompson 24.5x8x13 Slicks(Drag)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.