SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I SEARCHED!!!
i have been so confused! i have a ga16 and im doing an sr20 swap. i want to go turbo after the n/a is settled fine. but while doing this im getting kinda mad cause cost wise have a jdm n./a then bolting a turbo has added up to be more.!!!

i have the money to do it either way but i wanna know whats wrong with the bb motors droping into an b13? i can get a complete motor with harness and ecu. almost all the parts tmic !COMPLETE!. i know about all the other things needed for ga-sr and have most the parts pilled up. but will that bb ecu work fine? the interiror harness, will it plug into that jdm computer?

n/a-turbo
jwt ecu+manifold and turbo cost more than i can get a complete BB motor for. help me...am i going in the right track

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
DO THE DET SETUP MAN! It is your call dude. Either way is just fine. IF you don't have the JDM SR20 NA motor then just get the BB DET.

Brent

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a jdm sr20de....no harness w/ usdm computer. for me to go turbo with that...ill have to spend 700jwt bucks and 700 turbo bucks, i can get a bbdet motor for 1100 with harness and ecu. but i was wondering the downfalls of that harness and or that ecu, basically if that ecu would plug into my interiro hrness.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
With a B13 that harness and ECU will drop right in with no problem at all. There is no downfall with going with that.

Brent

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
your gonna wanna get a new ecu at some point might as well get it now... the ecu doesnt cost that much you can get one for a lot less ive seen em for as low as $400

·
SR20VE or a T28? I dunno!
1,664 Posts

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Theres also a wealth of information available on the forum, do a search and youll find everything you need...

-Josh

·
Proud father of two
1,236 Posts
HotshtSR20 said:
change the rod bearings and water pump!

Don't forget to change the front and rear oil seals, check the main bearings, bang out the dented oil pan, and change the thermostat.

;)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crazy...you guys are great. front n rear seals? rod bearings? are these things i wil be able to pick up @ the local auto zone or whatever? man i didnt know i would have to go inside the engine,:) but kool. never been further than a head gasket and oil pan gasket! is there a faq or how to on preping this motor?

i searched for info on the 'ecu direct plug in' but didnt come up with n e thing. searching is fun on this forum.:D

well...due post anyother things i should do in preping this....g's i have a jdm sr20 i might need to get ride of...but i dunno if im ready to post it on the sellers list.

thanks!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts