SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang:

I am inline for a DET and was wondering if just adding one of the F-max or HS kits would be just as efficient. For all you turbo guys out there that just did the kit and not the entire swap, are you still running the 9.5:1 compression low end? Should I be worried about running a lot of boost with a bigger turbo on that high of compression? What would the max boost / HP that our normal 9.5:1 low end could take? All your thoughts and theories would be VERY much helpful! Thanks!

------------------
95 200SX SE-R--> Hot Shot CAI, Custom Apexi Cat Back, ST Shifter & G4 Hotshot Headers, Viteks and Iridium, B&G springs, 91 Cams, NOS 50 Shot, 17" Konig Tantrums wrapped in Nitto's, a bunch of stiffening and look good crap, JWT CPU COMING SOON!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unless your current engine is going to hell, forget about a DET transplant. You spend a lot of time and money to maybe get on 240WHP max with the equipment. Intstead, I would go with an FMAX, with water injection and race gas, people have seen numbers over 400WHP on stock bottom ends. You could probably do 350 or so WHP with race gas and no water injection. For pump pee, on the street, 300WHP wouldn't be much of a problem. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts