SR20 Forum banner

Beam Bending on East Coast.

1K views 32 replies 15 participants last post by  Rob 
#1 ·
I would like to teach someone on the east coast how to do this. You would need to meet with me ASAP Before I leave on May 17th. I tried to get someone to do it so far no bites. Of course I would like some money for my time and energy in doing the teaching. We need a Eastcoast person as I still have plenty of people who contact me about this. Spread the word.

#11 · (Edited)
98sr20ve said:
I need someone who is already knows how to do alignments. This is not a procedure for just anyone to do.
After watching you do it, it doesnt look that hard. But what do I know. Im not on the coast either. Someone step up. I want the beam on my spec bent.

What about Jacen99se. He can do alignments....

#15 ·
TUNED200 said:
I will PM him..
I pmed him...No responce. How will you teach someone? Is this an exact science? meaning, Im pretty good at measuring, and I think I could do it....I have though about measuring the toe in the spec. i might do it....that is measure the toe.

#19 ·
Like I said in my first post I would want to get paid for my time. Time is running out. I have nearly every portion of my last days in Virginia planned/accounted for with this move. I have tried on several occasions to trian different people to do this thing but no one wants to step up and do it. I can understand why as it's kinda a scarry thing to learn. Darren, I see you have a Spec V. If you are willing to learn how to do it I can arrange things with you long distance even. I have done this so many times I could do it in my sleep. I would need to make you a jig, and that would be part of the cost you are paying for. You would make money just doing this for others. In fact Florida has been begging me to come for a while. I did roadtrips and even flew with my stuff do this this once.

#20 ·
Could you PM me with a list of what would be needed to build a jig. I am tring to figure out if I could assemble what I need in time for you to teach me this. Your time is limited as mine is too with racing season in full swing.
I'm just tring to get a good idea of what I would need before I met up with you to do this to see if it is feasable with the time constraints.

#26 · (Edited)
BigB said:
How much do you charge per car Steve and how hard is it to this? Also, what kind of equipment?
Standard price is 130 but I have discounted it for groups to $115. It is hard to do. You need to know what you are doing. Plus, you can kill yourself with the force involved. 9 ton jack, alignment equipment (portable toe plates), and the jig I made is what you need. I would rather stop doing it all together. I don't even want to do it at the convention if I come. It's hard work. People are begging me to come so it's hard to say no.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.