SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This post is for the B14 suspension experts out there. I'm going to have the beam bent on 200sx sooner or later. Should I bend it before or after I install the Hyperco springs? I have Prokits on it right now.

The person bending the beam has done 3 already. He thinks it would best to wait until the new springs are installed.

Andre B

·
Registered
774 Posts
It's up to you.... I would wait just in case. I had mine bent by Steve when i had my stock suspension on and it was placed at 0 toe in the rear. Then a bout two months or so later i installed my tein ss all around w/vrz mounts. Then I go to get new tires and an alignement and find the rear toe had gotten to .02. After the allignment was done. 0 toe was restored. So I'd say wait and have it done afterwards. Just to be on the safe side.

David

·
Baby Blue VVL
3,202 Posts
wait until after drive your car and then you will find it money well spent. if you think your car handles good before wait until that beam is bent

O

·
GTIRoids
2,918 Posts
OnyxEros said:
wait until after drive your car and then you will find it money well spent. if you think your car handles good before wait until that beam is bent

O
Yeah what he said :D

·
Banned
2,587 Posts
Its definately worth it!! I have it done and love it! Who is doing it for you?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
djmayhem said:
Its definately worth it!! I have it done and love it! Who is doing it for you?
I've driven a b14 on the streets that had the beam bent, but you really can't test it on the street. I've done several auto cross events over the last couple of years and the my car pushes like a pig. With the beam bent, hyperco springs and better tires, the push should be greatly reduced.

I'm getting it bent at an alignment shop in Southern Ontario, Canada. He's already bent 3 or 4 B14 already. He bends it a little at a time. Take him a day to do it.

Andre B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts