SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Life in the fast lane.
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a long shot on the East Coast, but is there anywhere in VA that does beam bending to 0 toe on a b14 rear beam? I am about to swap out my sh!tty drums on my base model with an se-r rear beam. Was hoping to have it bent while it is out of my parts car before it is installed. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

·
Trouble Maker
404 Posts
I wasn't able to find a place local when I had mine done a year ago. Maybe you can find a beam bending party local. One guy at my party drove from Atlanta to Baltimore to have his done..

Good luck on your project.

·
Life in the fast lane.
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the help man. I would glady drive to Baltimore to have it done if I could haha. let you know if I have any luck. What part of NOVA you from?

·
Are You VVL'n?
2,342 Posts
Well if you are looking to get it done, then you need to organize 6 interested people to have a beam bending event. The guy (98sr20ve aka Steve Foltz) who did the beam bending lives in Colorado and you need to work out the specifics with him before anything.

I was 1 of the lucky 5 along with Scca_Ev that got our beams bent last summer in MD.

·
Trouble Maker
404 Posts
thanks for the help man. I would glady drive to Baltimore to have it done if I could haha. let you know if I have any luck. What part of NOVA you from?
I live in Falls Church, but in the summer I spend more time at Summit Point. I am either working EV, or driving my B14 on the track.

This spring I took a workshop, and now am an SCCA PDX instructor. I missed the first PDX, but that's because I was did the SCCA comp. school the weekend before, and was beat!

Here is a pic from school making an inside pass on a Pinto

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
i have another b14 id like to get bent.. i may actually buy some of the tools and attempt it myself. i have a few b14s i can try on.

·
Keepin It A NA Sleeper
520 Posts
Thats good if you have spares to try on but I've heard its not an easy task and pretty easy to screw up. If we just get a beam bending party organized with 6 people it wont be that bad. Plus you know it will be done correctly!

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
Thats good if you have spares to try on but I've heard its not an easy task and pretty easy to screw up. If we just get a beam bending party organized with 6 people it wont be that bad. Plus you know it will be done correctly!
thanks but when i do bend a few to 0 toe your not going to be intrested then? go by what you heard and read. i am able to bend them once i get the right tools.

·
Life in the fast lane.
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got that beam swapped over today guys. Let me tell you, after bleeding them and adjusting the e-brake, I noticed an incredible difference right away over the crappy 1.6 drums. Still definitely looking to get this beam bent this summer at some point. Lets get 6 of us together!

By the way, if anyone needs any help or advice on doing the beam swap, let me know.

·
Keepin It A NA Sleeper
520 Posts
thanks but when i do bend a few to 0 toe your not going to be intrested then? go by what you heard and read. i am able to bend them once i get the right tools.
It depends on how efficient you get with the bending! I would rather have someone bend mine who has years of experience. If you make a mistake thats going to cost me a lot of money to fix.

·
Keepin It A NA Sleeper
520 Posts
Got that beam swapped over today guys. Let me tell you, after bleeding them and adjusting the e-brake, I noticed an incredible difference right away over the crappy 1.6 drums. Still definitely looking to get this beam bent this summer at some point. Lets get 6 of us together!

By the way, if anyone needs any help or advice on doing the beam swap, let me know.
Im down for getting the beam bent. All we need to do is get 4 other people together, a location to do the bending and set a date.

·
Life in the fast lane.
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come on people in the area I know you all want yours done as well. Let's make this happen.

·
Im Not A Chick
3,304 Posts
have you talked to the man that does the beam bending yet? i think it would be important to get his approval and get him on this thread to chime in and that might get more people intrested

·
Registered
1996 Infiniti I30 (A32)
17 Posts
Bump! Another DC area member looking to have his beam bent here, any chance we could get something arranged?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Same here, though it's not a definite atm. Want to make sure my B14's engine is in good mechanical shape before working on anything else. After that, my primary focus would be improving the car's handling which, from what I've read so far, requires a bent beam for significant improvement.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts