SR20 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First i would like to say hi, im new to this forum, i currently own an 02 Spec-V, i had it all done up and supercharged but just didnt satisfy me. Ive ALWAYS been interested in a B13 or B14 but need to find a good one \

ANYWAY

Ive been reading alot and need advice. I have money and want to do a turbo project. Now i want to know the BEST possible motor to start with to produce a nice 10-12 second car. I cant decide between GTI-R, SR20VE, or SR20DET?

Or Just buy a car and build up the stock DE motor it comes with?
I appreciate you guys looking and your input. Thanks.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
First i would like to say hi, im new to this forum, i currently own an 02 Spec-V, i had it all done up and supercharged but just didnt satisfy me. Ive ALWAYS been interested in a B13 or B14 but need to find a good one \

ANYWAY

Ive been reading alot and need advice. I have money and want to do a turbo project. Now i want to know the BEST possible motor to start with to produce a nice 10-12 second car. I cant decide between GTI-R, SR20VE, or SR20DET?

Or Just buy a car and build up the stock DE motor it comes with?
I appreciate you guys looking and your input. Thanks.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.
A 10 second car would probably need some engine work. An 11 to 12 second car could be done on a stock DET/DE+T. From what I've read, the stock bottom end is at its limits around 500whp. I think that's pushing it. There are plenty of people running 400WHP on a stock DET.

GTIR engine swaps are more difficult than an SR20DET. Can't really comment on the SR20VE, but I know turbos are a lot more common on the SR20VE these days. A 10 second car is a lot different than a 12 second car. I think you need to choose.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts