SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to get the UR crank and water pump pullies, and I need to know the part numbers for the belts. If someone has them handy, can you please post them.

Thanks

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
You're in luck. The belts are sitting right here along with my still un-installed pulleys:

1. Gates KO40340

2. Gates K060390

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
When are you installing yours? Mine have been sitting here over a month. I never have the time or courage to install them. Plus, I think I need a pulley-puller. I might try this weekend. Sunday or something.

Let me know how your install goes.

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)
Black 1998 Sentra SE w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT S4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES control arm bushings & shifter bushing (NI), PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 205/50 Pirelli's, Nis-Knacks goodies

·
Registered
858 Posts
I never used a puller maybe cause I used liquid wrench right at the center of eachpulley and they came off easy try it. the whole install took about 1-2 hourswith a bud break in between
a great mod IMHO.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Did you feel power everywhere or did you notice anything? Almost everyone who has them says they don't feel a difference but the track times prove otherwise.

------------------
Jordan (Stormy)

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, from what i heard, the engine revvs faster, getting you to redline faster

also i know this was discussed before somewhere, but is there any harm that pullies can do? i only have the crank and water pump ones, and i will have them put on next week. i have heard good and bad things about pullies from different people, like it will wear out your engine faster, or...it will give you better gas milage...if anyone knows, please share the info with me.

------------------
Serban Gavrilescu
91 Black Metallic SE-R
http://www.geocities.com/serban91r

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
I've heard alot of stuff, like UR pulleys mess up the balance in the engine, and that they put a strain on your battery and alternator....but I've never known anyone with the problems....

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
My experience with pullys:

Install: I needed a puller for the crank. I messed around with some half-assed pullers for an hour or so and just ended up with busted knuckles. Borrowed a good one and had it off in 30 seconds. The water pump pully was a biatch IMO. Just hard to get to, and I have largish hands. I needed to enlarge the hole in the WP pully just a touch with a dremel. YMMV.

Performance: I felt a differnce just backing the car out of the driveway. You're removing a few pounds from the crank (kinda like lightening the flywheel). More power from idle to redline. Sweet.

Adverse effects: I have autocrossed, 1/4 miled and driven on track with these pulleys. No problem at all.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts