SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I could use the expertise. First of all, I trashed a transmission mount. I think it's the ACT clutch I put in that grabs harder, or maybe it happened during the install, anyway it's trashed. How much is it to replace with the (aren't they eurithane (sp?) mounts. The one's that are stiffer. Who's a good company?
Second wammie. I...uh....well hit a gravel patch awhile back and I bent the arm on the driver side. The tire has sliced a hole in the splash gaurd and is working on the rocker panel. My question is, I can replace the arm, what is compatible with it, like different models and years. Dad wants to find a car that's been totaled from the rear and find a good piece in the junk yard.This is possible, right? please tell me so. Just need some help with models and years and stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ok, the two part #s for the es inserts are 7-1105 and 7-1106. the 7-1105 are for the dogbone and the rear mount. the 7-1106 are for the passenger and the drivers side mount. they are retailing for 35 bux each, and courtesy sells em. has em in stock too :) also, if you have a 95+ any year model will work up to a 99, including a 4 door. and to switch that out is easy. probably take you about 2 hours. all you need is a 17 mm, 22 mm and I believe a 12mm, and a ball joint seperator. (aka, big crowbar and some good strong muscles):)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so I can get the polyurethane mounts for Courtesy, excellent...I'm assuming that if and when I run across a Sentra and or 200SX that more are acceptable as long as the year is above 95, since that's the year I have. Do I need to switch the pass side to, since that way might be bent to. WE didn't look at it, but would it be a good idea since we are already doing that?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
you will probably not have to replace the pass. side, but if you think at all you might have bent it, replace it. heck, while you are doing your control arms, you might as well get the control arm bushings. :)

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Dad and I just got done putting the new arm on. We took it off and the new one back on in 2 hours. WE didn't take out the axle. That's why it went so fast I'm assuming. The two things that gave us the most trouble was the bracket for the back side of control arm and the cotter pin hole on the ball joint. It was really simple. The wheel still looks like it's set back a bit, and the measurements say that it is, but it's closer to the other side position now. Anyway, we will deal with the Trans. Mount as soon as I can find time to order it. Does someone have some suggestions on what else could be bent?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts