SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
shitty alternators. just wondering, besides an OEM or one from andreas (he won't sell stuff to me) what other options are out there that won't just keep on crapping out?

·
NEOphile
307 Posts
JGY's got cheap used alternators. Got mine for $44 shipped. I think I'm just going to always have an extra one from JGY lying around. I know they'll outlast Advance's (4 months on average!), and at less than $50 a pop (as opposed to Advance's $175) they're nearly disposable.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
you know what i noticed. i just had to replace my alternator, AGAIN and i found taht they gave me a slightly different one than last time. The one i had previous, the terminal where u put the postitive wire was right in the way of my dipstick. like, it was touching it. but on this one its more like the stock one, out of the way. if that makes any sense what so ever, but ya, i myself just keep replacing it for free at autozone, since it has a lifetime warranty.

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I just found the reciept for my Kragen one. Im gonna go try to get it replaced then. Just wondering if there's another one so I won't have to keep taking this PITA object out. And keep refilling my coolant...

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I finally just walked down to Kragen. The guy tried to argue with me that it wasn't their brand. Just because it didn't have some stupid sticker on it. I had the reciepts and everything. I ended up bugging him enough I guess, so my new alternator will be in Monday. FINALLY, I'll be able to drive me car again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to Napa before and they said that they had this new brand coming in that was supposed to be alot better than other stores. But, I couldn't wait that long. Maybe next time I'll get one of those. Notice I said...NEXT time. Damn Kragen.

·
Rebuilding the W11:P
1,114 Posts
94xe-r said:
NAPA auto parts, has some of the best reman.alternators and there lifetime warrantee.
IMHO, NAPA alty's SUCK!!!! I went through 3 napa alt. in 7 months. Finally replaced it with a genuine Nissan alt. and it has lasted over 2 years now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts