SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, just got my car back today after it being in the shop for 2 weeks. and one of the connecting rob bearings is messed up and the whole crankshaft and sh23 will have to be replaced, so instead im just gettin a new engine. they said its from japan but im guessin itll still be 140hp/132torque??? anyways since theyll already be workin on it im also gonna get a new clutch. which is the best for a bolt-on car. i need one that is very streetable but can be reliable for dragracing and 4krpm launches and higher. any input would be helpful thanx.

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
I have the JWT PP and stock disc. It's held fine on my bolt on car + 50 shot of juice! Others have had good luck with the ACT HD PP and their disc.

The biggest difference is that the JWT has a really soft pedal where the ACT is harder than stock. My friend has the ACT in his car and when I drive it, it feels good...takes like 2-3 shifts to get used to it, but when I jump in my car, I almost put my foot through the floor pushing my pedal down! It's a huge difference...but both grab really well.

------------------
Antonio Garcia
91 SE-R w/ lots of stuff
a slow [email protected] on JWT 50 shot
Bay Area, CA

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
The ACT HD PP is no heavier than stock..I noticed no difference...

------------------

Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT HD S/S,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,19 deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,ALT 159's, 205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Autometer tach,factory armrest, Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
I'll shamelessly plug the ProActive clutch in my car. Great pedal feel, it grabs just fine (not harsh), and has taken nitrous and autocrossing abuse galore over the last year.

5,000+ rpm dragstrip launches are no problem with the ProActive unit.

Just my humble opinoin.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts