SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: Ive heard alot of different horror stories about different companies that import JDM engines. So from peoples experiences who is the best company to order an engine from? Or even a front clip?

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
twisted200ser said:
Andreas Miko

Andreas is good, but for a standard DE, try SOKO in chicago. I mean no disrespect towards Andreas, he is my boy, but Soko was a better suit for me.

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
Andreas Miko, Soko, and forum member Debunk (David) on the west coast. All three will get you what you want for an honorable price.

·
You got SE-RVE'd!
154 Posts
Got my ve from Soko. Hector responded quickly to my emails and gave me a good price. The motor was clean inside and out and has been running strong since day 1.

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
Shipping likely to be a bit less from Andreas in Miami, but it's not too different between Chicago and there. Andreas always knows the mileage on his motors (mine had 7500), but I don't think he does much in stock DEs; specializes in DETs and VEs. Ask him. He is ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY honest.

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
jerryeads said:
Shipping likely to be a bit less from Andreas in Miami, but it's not too different between Chicago and there. Andreas always knows the mileage on his motors (mine had 7500), but I don't think he does much in stock DEs; specializes in DETs and VEs. Ask him. He is ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY honest.

I agree with this.

For a DET/VE, Andreas is the man for sure:biggthump

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
As far as DEs go I can not compete. I can get you a DE that is xtra clean but my price for te DE will not be anywhere close to what you can get them for.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
nissansr20nx said:
DRE can you get a low mile DE?? Like the VEs?
yes I can but as I said the price will not be as low as can be had by others.

·
Technician @ Toyota
2,852 Posts
TUNED200 said:
Have you bought an engine from him or are you giving feedback based on what you read?

not trying to bash you and all, just asking
im going by the reputation on this forum... and of course i think its a way better idea to get it from the forum because of the support and knowing that your not going to get screwed over by him.... My friend ordered a honda engine from SOKO and it ended up haveing a few sensors broken off .

- any more questions tuned200 :tongue: :D

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
scortch99th said:
im going by the reputation on this forum... and of course i think its a way better idea to get it from the forum because of the support and knowing that your not going to get screwed over by him.... My friend ordered a honda engine from SOKO and it ended up haveing a few sensors broken off .

- any more questions tuned200 :tongue: :D
Sensors being broken off can happen to any used engine you buy. This can happen in shipping and handling. These things are the least of the problem becasue they can be changed over from the old motor being pulled out of your car. The motor itself needs to be in A1 condition the sesors are secondary.

Please note when you are buying a used motor is is used it is not some new motor you are buying from the dealer or a parts catalogue.

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
Sensors being broken off can happen to any used engine you buy. This can happen in shipping and handling. These things are the least of the problem becasue they can be changed over from the old motor being pulled out of your car. The motor itself needs to be in A1 condition the sesors are secondary.

Please note when you are buying a used motor is is used it is not some new motor you are buying from the dealer or a parts catalogue.

This is very good info. I could car less if the sensors are broke. I want a clean engine. Dre has been great about selling good stuff. I have nothing but respect for him. He gave me advice on the hybrid turbo I had on the old car, even after everyone said it would work,.

Dre is the man:biggthump

·
Is an SE-R/VE a VE-R?
2,262 Posts
You get what you pay for. Andreas delivers quality stuff. Period. Trust him. He's that kind of person. Whatever it's supposed to be, will be. If he were ever to make a mistake delivering a product - and I've not yet heard about such - he would make it right. Period. He's never cheap. But he's ALWAYS fair. Golden rule, though. Treat him the same way he treats you.
He also knows more about these motors than anyone else in the country. There's LOTS of places to get it cheap. This is one guy from whom to get it right. It's not possible to exaggerate this guy's integrity.

·
Registered
351 Posts
i have an engine that i got from soko (a jdm d15b vtec honda engine) there were sensors broken and the like but it's proved to be an okay engine. For higher cost engines deffinitely go with dre ( hmotorsonline is great for honda stuff ;) )

·
EJ25 AWD Monster
4,680 Posts
jerryeads said:
You get what you pay for. Andreas delivers quality stuff. Period. Trust him. He's that kind of person. Whatever it's supposed to be, will be. If he were ever to make a mistake delivering a product - and I've not yet heard about such - he would make it right. Period. He's never cheap. But he's ALWAYS fair. Golden rule, though. Treat him the same way he treats you.
He also knows more about these motors than anyone else in the country. There's LOTS of places to get it cheap. This is one guy from whom to get it right. It's not possible to exaggerate this guy's integrity.

Its possible to get a clean engine from other places. i got a highport from Soko for $375 out the door.. Is it clean, very clean.

I do know that Soko includes a 6 month/unlimited mileage warrenty. Not to bad for $375.

And remember this, just because it costs more, it doesnt mean its better. Look around, we all drive sentra's;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts