SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting an se-r friday and am goin to mod it soon. whats a good sounding exhaust? and how about CAI? my brother has a stromung cat-back and PR CAI on his 01 sentra se which sounds nice.

also, for those of you who know...what exaust did tom paule have on his se-r before he went turbo?

http://www.se-r.net/multimedia/sounds/index.html second one is the sound of his exhaust...im clueless.:confused:

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Get the AEM CAI, it has the best HP gains....as far as exhaust, I don't really know, I 'haven't had any personal expierence....hope this helps.

~Ryan

·
Premium Member
4,241 Posts
Pacesetter all the way! I just put the cat back on and for the money you can't beat it. Everyone says it will rust out in a year or two, but hey, it's cheap and we'll see.

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
Mix and match here. Old hotshot G1 header, HK$ pipes, and dynomax muff. Quiet inside the car, loud outside the car.

·
Zed's dead baby
336 Posts
I have the HKS catback right now and I love it! In conjunction with a Hotshot Gen 4 header, it produces a great sound. Problem is, both it and the Greddy catback are very expensive unless you find one used like I did. If I hadn't found the HKS, I would've made a custom exhaust with probably a magnaflow muffler.

·
Registered
42 Posts
by far greddy is the best sure its not cheap but worth every penny, i had the borla before and got 2 tickets for loud exhaust,so it actually cost as much,if your interested go to group buy center.com(one word) i bought mine for $463 greddy to my door. place racing is pretty good and its cheaper tha aem's. hope this helps

·
Registered
744 Posts
AEM or Place Racing cold air intake and Greddy exhaust. Greddy is pricey but worth it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am his brother :) I think PR CAI and stromung will do quite nicely with the SE-R, first of all the stromung is full stainless steel and I have had no rust in the year I have had it. AEM goes with a smaller diameter piping for increased velocity of air flow, but I am very happy with my PR cAI on my b15 SE. With PR CAI and stromung I ran a [email protected], fastest N/A b15 sentra to date, a winning combination I would say :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
I thought stainless steel didn't rust?

Hey Stine, how loud is your Pacesetter cat back? I'm not looking for noise, just a good stock replacement and if I get some more HP then great!

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I've got the GReddy, real expensive, had to wait 4 months for it and DOES NOT FIT an NX without a good deal of modification, but should be great for an SE-R. A real, nice, low sound, almost like a VR6. It is not as 'screamy' maybe even quieter than stock at like 7k, but a great exhaust just the same.

·
6,928 Posts
CleanB15 said:
I am his brother :) I think PR CAI and stromung will do quite nicely with the SE-R, first of all the stromung is full stainless steel and I have had no rust in the year I have had it. AEM goes with a smaller diameter piping for increased velocity of air flow, but I am very happy with my PR cAI on my b15 SE. With PR CAI and stromung I ran a [email protected], fastest N/A b15 sentra to date, a winning combination I would say :)

Ok, I agree that stromung exhaust might be agood way to go as long as he has $700 laying around....and the PR CAI has the lowest gains IIRC, its below the Hotshot, and then agian below the AEM(which I know where to get the AEM for $215, about $230 shipped!!!) Just my .02 cents..

~Ryan:cool:

·
Registered
35 Posts
SENTRASER said:

Ok, I agree that stromung exhaust might be agood way to go as long as he has $700 laying around....and the PR CAI has the lowest gains IIRC, its below the Hotshot, and then agian below the AEM(which I know where to get the AEM for $215, about $230 shipped!!!) Just my .02 cents..

~Ryan:cool:
Stromung full cat-back is not $700, I got mine for $540 shipped and I know after I speak with Scott I can get it for a reasonably lower price than I paid. Which comparison have you read with AEM/Hotshot/PRI ? The PRI and Hotshot CAI's are the EXACT same design....how does one benefit more than another. I was posting what works for me, can you claim and back up being the fastest in your class to date? You have to pay to play.

·
6,928 Posts
Whatever works.....just giving what I thought was good advice, I was just quoting a price for a stromung off the top of my head, if he wants to spend that much money on JUST an exhaust, fine, its not my problem, and I don't know where the dyno sheets are for the AEM but I *DO* trust other SR20 people in what they say....I've NEVER owned a CAI....theres NO NEED for you to be such a jackass....I WAS JUST TRYING TO HELP:mad:

~Ryan
USE THE SEARCH FEATURE ON THE FORUMS TO SEARCH FOR THE AEM DYNO CHART!

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
As far as I have heard Stromung has not produced an exhaust for the B14 platform. Last I heard one was in the works but was only planned to be 2". Which is too small for the SR20. FWIW, I love the sound of the B15 Stromung and will probably adapt a stromung muffler to my current exhaust sooner or later.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
My GReddy is Phat, but I have had it a year, and found minor rust on one hanger a week ago. I painted it with some high temp rustoleum stuff too. Ive got the mild steel version tho'. It is a really good f'ing exhaust that costs.

Stromung does make exhaust for b14 I think NyceP has one. I think, Another very good piece. Not sure if it comes with b-pipe.

As for cai. Guys say the hs fits better than pr, but there is little difference if any. Maybe hs gives slightly more I dunno, but I like the fact you can use a pop on the pr.

G

·
has anyone seen the dyno charts from the aem cai yet???? i wanna do a comparo on the dyno if it hasn't been done yet. anyone with an aem cai in soCal???

G

·
i saw a pacesetter cat-back exhaust on www.nopi.com for around $149.00. I don't know if it's a straight through muffler with a perforated core or mandrel bent. but hey, you get what you pay for!!!!

·
Side by side through 9
719 Posts
95se-R said:
also, for those of you who know...what exaust did tom paule have on his se-r before he went turbo?

http://www.se-r.net/multimedia/sounds/index.html second one is the sound of his exhaust...im clueless.:confused:
That was a Stillen, and it rusted out after 2 years. CAG had the same one and had the exact same problem with his last year after 2 years of ownership.

Tom

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.