SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
sr20b15
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering what kind of filter is best for me to put on my aem cai as a replacement. best air flow, quality ect.....
this kind of filter.......
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-...ewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8002488575QQrdZ1
or this kind of filter???
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AIR-...ewItemQQcategoryZ38634QQitemZ8003341521QQrdZ1
now i know i want to go with k&n, or another quality brand, im not looking to buy the e-bay cheapos, just wannna know what style is better. also i know i dont need the filter w/ the adapter.

·
sr20b15
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cool, thanks man!!!

·
sr20b15
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i was thinking, just going to my local advance auto, and getting k&n....but just wanted ideas.......

·
Banned
1,117 Posts
K and n most deff! they are pretty spendy, but most of them u can reload, and they ussually last a little longer than those 8.99 filters! :biggthump

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
kind of off topic, but is there any gains from no intake piping but just a k&n drop in filter?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
gotsentra, thank you for replying and sorry to whomeever for stealing this thread. but does anyone even have a sotp dyno on a k&n drop in. is it even worth the money? i put one in my old maxima and it was awesome. but i was also 17 at the time and thought my max was the fastest thing on 4 wheels. anyone with one let me know

·
Air Force SE-R freak!!!!!
2,025 Posts
thread jacker coming... What is the K&N filter part # for a CAI?
I have an Injen CAI, the filter has 30k miles on it. I think its time to upgrade and change it.

·
SE-ROLGIST
1,268 Posts
I heard that those foam filters don't even filter out the dirt very well, They do on the other hand are very high flowing (less protection for your motor not good with the cai(in my opinion), unless...... you know, you like your car being a hoover vac *ahem*). As for the second filter, the top of it is flat no hole in the top of it. so this truely isn't a high flow filter. Honestly Go with the guys advice above if you got the money jwt pop all day, second the k&n filter, third autozone or pep boys has a very good high flow filter for $ 22. The best bang for the buck right there. Scratch on those ebay filters save your money bro.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Green Filter

1 - 20 of 39 Posts