SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I really do need people to respond to this because for my highschool senior project I'm doing basic maintenace on a car :biggthump
As a source of information page Im using this website and I need people to tell me...
What oil is best for our cars?
What radiator fluid is best?
What transmission fluid is best?
What brake fluid is best?

Anything else you can think of, thanks guys

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Best oil - Mobile 1 synth
Radiator Fluid - Prestone with Redline Water Wetter
Trans Fluid - Redline MT90 or Heavy Duty SHockproof
Brake FLuid - Motul RBF600 or equivalent

That is only be what I see is most commonly used at the top levels and suggested most often on the forums. These are what I run in my car, does that make them the best?

Brent

·
"Keep firing, Assholes!"
796 Posts
coach said:

That is only be what I see is most commonly used at the top levels and suggested most often on the forums. These are what I run in my car, does that make them the best?

Brent

^^^brent is right. the only difference for me is redline shockproof light because i'm only n/a, no turbo... and it gets really cold here in the winter and heavy weight shockproof is like cold molasses

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
the wet kind of fluid.. :squint:

SEARCH n3wb!! lazy ass highschool kids.. do want me to wipe your ass too?

·
Drinking The H Juice Now
4,216 Posts
91 Talon said:
That's still kind of vague. I mean Pee is a wet fluid......

:D
well, not really.. air is considered a fluid.. just not a real dense one...

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
coach said:

Brent
Agreed. For coolant I just use whatever I've got laying around with a bottle of water wetter. If your in a warmer climate you can use a higher percentage of water (it cools better then antifreeze). For the tranny fluid, again like he said, MT90 or shockproof. MT90 if its for the street, Shockproof for the track or if your turbo. For brake fluid I use Valvolyne synpower. IMO its one of the best cheaper brake fluids. Motul is better if you want to spend the money. Valvolyne you can find at any parts store.

-Mike

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
you need to define 'best' for each case as there are multiple answers for each one depending on what you define as 'best'

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow... People I don't mean the best as in THE BEST
all i need this forum topic for is to show that I researched my topic for my highschool project...THERE FOR I DID NOT SEARCH...god you people are like forum nazis thanks brent your about the only one that gave me an answer...
:squint:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BigB said:
the wet kind of fluid.. :squint:

SEARCH n3wb!! lazy ass highschool kids.. do want me to wipe your ass too?
Asshole... i know to seach but i need a internet page directly correlating with my senior project... you woulda known that if you comprehended what i said in my first post...

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
T200Sx said:
Wow... People I don't mean the best as in THE BEST
all i need this forum topic for is to show that I researched my topic for my highschool project...
Uh huh.... so you're basically taking a survey. You know, a survey is different from fact. You need to find ACTUAL information with regards to what you are looking for. If we all said that Amsoil motor oil is the best, does that make it the best?

And my statement of defining 'best' still stands if you want to do a good job on your paper. Heck, you could write a hundred pages on just motor oil. Best could be what is recommended in the manual. Best could be defined as what gives you the best mileage, longest change interval, most detergents in the oil, used for engine break-in, most stabilty vs. temp, used in drag racing or road course racing, etc.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
^^^^
Werd.
You need to have more specific parameters to work with. What is best for a track car is not always best for a street driven car.
Now if you went with something like this:
"What would be the best fluids for a '92 SE-R, N/A, with about 135k on the odo, manual transmission, stock non-ABS brakes, with a stock radiator...."

You see the difference?

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
:squint: ...........it's starting to get a little hot in here......... :eek:

·
Now accepting donations!!
3,394 Posts
T200Sx said:
Asshole... i know to seach but i need a internet page directly correlating with my senior project... you woulda known that if you comprehended what i said in my first post...

Hmm... so this nice comment you just made will be part of your HS project? Don't come on a forum acting all billy-bad-ass and expect people to help. I would've chimed in until I saw this comment.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
the other guy was the one that made the smart comment so its directed at him..ill be editing that out of my page ;) but it will just be for a street car, the panel that im presenting to is just teachers that dont know jack about cars so if i tell them your all experts itll be just fine :biggthump

·
it is what it is!
3,334 Posts
T200sx must be rodney dangerfield cause he is getting no respect!

the kid is new here, still in highschool, but i guess "we" forgot he was an se-r enthusiast.

http://www.nissantuners.com/showthread.php?t=96749
``````````````READ UP GUYS``````````````````

·
Registered
257 Posts
T200Sx said:
the other guy was the one that made the smart comment so its directed at him..ill be editing that out of my page ;) but it will just be for a street car, the panel that im presenting to is just teachers that dont know jack about cars so if i tell them your all experts itll be just fine :biggthump
Guess you will be editing that also... You teacher wouldnt want you calling him a dumb ass or not knowing "jack" as you put it... Kids... :confused:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts