SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I need me SE-R
1,930 Posts
The new Gen 6 Hotshot that should be coming out soon and the HotShot CAI. Don't know if it would help, but a AFPR with the CAI and some tuning should be good. It works on the DE don't see why it wouldn't work on the VE.

Hotshot should make exhausts. So I can just buy all the bolt ons from them :tongue:

·
root
295 Posts
Am I the only one running a 20V manifold? I got it from Dre, and its nice, the runners are huge. Everytime someone looks at my engine, they're like "damn, thats a huge header" I'm like "yeah, its a stock manifold"
If you look, I had to relocate my AC condensor fan, I put it in front of my radiator and reversed the polarity so its pushing in. It fits real nice and snug, but I put two heavy duty zip ties on there just for good measure.

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
Those runners are pretty damn big.
I've always wondered how one would fit on the B14 VE's since I've heard about their interference with other under hood components. I like it. You are among a select few running this manifold.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
I would have bought some SPAL slim fans and run it all on the same side. I am glad you are happy with it. Did you notice a HP diffrence with the header.

Also for all who want to know the runners are double wall stainless with a ID of abotu 1 7/8.

·
root
295 Posts
Andreas Miko said:
I would have bought some SPAL slim fans and run it all on the same side. I am glad you are happy with it. Did you notice a HP diffrence with the header.

Yeah I am looking into getting some of those, but I just recently put this fan in here like this, I was running with only one radiator fan, but I thought doing this would be better than just running one fan, although I never had any overheating problems.

And yes I did notice a good difference in HP when I installed this.

·
Red line chaser
2,040 Posts
nizzan4u2nv said:
Im not sure how much the 20v manifold is, but the gen6 should be better, especially for the VE.
The Gen 6 may end up making more power (when it actually comes out), but you can't argue with the durability of a stainless OEM manifold versus a mild steel header. Especially when the OEM comes with a 3" collector IIRC.

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
The Gen 6 may end up making more power (when it actually comes out), but you can't argue with the durability of a stainless OEM manifold versus a mild steel header. Especially when the OEM comes with a 3" collector IIRC
I agree that nothing beats OEM as far as reliability is concerned, but the HS gen 6 is supposed to be stainless AND have a 3" collector :D

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Funny how the 20v manifold is getting popular now. I'd say maybe close to year ago one of the forum members wrote a post about the VE scene in japan and how the japan N15 Pulsar guys were running the 20v manifold. Prelude of whats to come I guess.

hahahhaah I just realized post 444 nice number in nissan world. Sweet

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Just talked to JWT, said they dont have anything for the ve aside from a couple gaskets, etc. They said it would take months and it would have to be special ordered and prepaid and all that fun stuff. He did give me a number to a place called neotech imports that may have it if anyone wants to call, its (619) 631-0664.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts