SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I want the place to be somewhat reliable when it comes to their stuff, but I also wanna get a decent price. I have seen BB engines go for like 2500 and gti-r go for 3500 then shipping on top of those prices. Now I have called a few places and Soko down in south FL gives me a price of 1400 on a BB and 2400 on a gti-r. I don't know if you can beat those prices or not. Plus if I pre-pay shipping when I buy the engine he said it was only like 90 bucks. Has anyone delt with these guys? What charges am I not seeing. If I could get a really good deal on a gti-r somewhere I think I would take it, but the money saved on the BB could allow me to make it every bit as good as a gti-r, minus the throttle body thing which makes me wanna drull. But I think I could live without it. I eventually wanna get 400+whp. Can I do that effectively with a BB engine? Thanks for the help in advance.
 

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
Joined
·
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Nexidus:
Okay, I want the place to be somewhat reliable when it comes to their stuff, but I also wanna get a decent price. I have seen BB engines go for like 2500 and gti-r go for 3500 then shipping on top of those prices. Now I have called a few places and Soko down in south FL gives me a price of 1400 on a BB and 2400 on a gti-r. I don't know if you can beat those prices or not. Plus if I pre-pay shipping when I buy the engine he said it was only like 90 bucks. Has anyone delt with these guys? What charges am I not seeing. If I could get a really good deal on a gti-r somewhere I think I would take it, but the money saved on the BB could allow me to make it every bit as good as a gti-r, minus the throttle body thing which makes me wanna drull. But I think I could live without it. I eventually wanna get 400+whp. Can I do that effectively with a BB engine? Thanks for the help in advance.</font>
I have heard nothing but great things of SR20Development.com. I want to give props to them as well for excellent service purchasing Ground Controls.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
I was just qutoed $1500+shipping with top mount IC. And the necessary downpipe for an additional $300 from SR20Devlopment.

------------------
96 w/ HS CAI, timing @ 17, 92 I/E cams, Naxos muffler, Eibach Sportlines, Front struts: Motivational, Rear shocks: KYB AGX's, S/T sway bars, ES lower control arm bushings and motor mounts, Courtesy F/R STB, APC Clear corners, Stillen grille, and Focus short throw.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
Sup all...Are you guys lookin to do the swap due to the new cars rollin around puttin down 400+whp? If you are, you should really look into the past of the motor and the past of the car. Its kinda good to know what iot comes out of and how much power it puts out, the turbo size, the internals, etc...Anyways, this has been a topic among our car club. I have 3 friends with sr20det(silvia) in 3 240s. Im goin to be the next guy with the GTi-R. We always have the topic of..."Are people doin it cause its fast or cause they know whats up with the jspec cars?" Anwways, we just have a feelin that and we hope it doesnt turn into the honda world of engine swaps, which happen with every ****in civic around. A lot of us had plans about this before it got big and our friends were actually one of the 1st three if not the only 3 in DFW right now. Anyways, its kinda hard to find a motor for a good price with everything. Make sure you get "motor complete" man. If not you lose parts...Anyways, im not raggin on you. I was makin a point to everyone. Later all!

------------------
Enjoy the ride...
 

·
Team Tool
Joined
·
2,514 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bwilsor:
I was just qutoed $1500+shipping with top mount IC. And the necessary downpipe for an additional $300 from SR20Devlopment.

</font>
Is that for the bluebird?
 

·
1998ccs of fury
Joined
·
5,489 Posts
Definitely go with SR20Development. They are good guys over there and are very helpful, and you will end up with a strong engine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, thanks for all the replies, I want to throw another question out there too. How much has everyone spent on their engines complete. Like BB or GTI-R. Just wanna get a good idea. I am gonna be installing it myself. I have my own Nissan guy to help me out cause I have never done it before but you have to learn sometime. I really enjoy working on cars. Another quesiton too. I have seen some people spending all the money on their USDM stock SE-R and turboing it. I have 104,000 miles and that is why I considered a full swap, but if it is feasable to spend 3g's on just throwing on a huge turbo and really building up the engine I might go that route and save the money. The whole reason I wanted to do the swap though was to throw it in stock to get my 200+hp and then build up over time. That way I could have fun and learn about some parts over time instead of throwing everything in at once.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Does any one know where i can get some mods for the BB (flywheel, clutch, ect). Im gonna be doing the swap soon and want to do some stuff to it whail its out of the car before i put it into my sentra. Ive done some looking around with little success. Any info would be great, thanks.
 

·
shift_boost
Joined
·
1,949 Posts
104,000 that motor is still a baby. do a compression test make sure its ok. then bolt a t25 of t28 to it done deal
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Talk about bringing back the dead, this is a 3 yr.old thread brought back to life.
 

·
Tired!
Joined
·
10,149 Posts
grumblecakes said:
Does any one know where i can get some mods for the BB (flywheel, clutch, ect). Im gonna be doing the swap soon and want to do some stuff to it whail its out of the car before i put it into my sentra. Ive done some looking around with little success. Any info would be great, thanks.
Search man, pretty much anything from the stock US SR20 will bolt on to the BB sr20 motor. Flywheels, clutches and all that are the same. Search the forums and look at the vendors section.

Brent
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
ok, ill do that. and then when i do the swap i wanna crank up the boost coming out of the stock turbo. ive heard they can handel up to 15lbs but i was talking to a friend of mine and he was saying the turbo may be able to handle i but he thinks it will blow out the bottom end. i was woundering if anyone knew how much boost the sr20 can handle safely.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
647 Posts
stock bottom ends can/have held over to 400ponies
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top