SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know which is the best all around clutch for the street and track?
and is buying a lightend flywheel worth it?

Thanks Ryan

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
ACT is the best clutch. Brian has a JUN flywheel, I think Stealin makes one too. Anyone else? I'll be lookin for one fairly soon as well

·
Registered
858 Posts
haha LOL STEALIN ! aint it the truth they are expensive! Stealin hehe! =)

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
I have ACT 6 puck ceramic IT HOLDS but a little much for the street kinda aggravating on the street. My other car had a JWT pressure plate , stock clutch disk worked fine nice smooth engagement held 75Hp Nos. Someone told me ACT made those for him don't know , My advice stay with a full face clutch unless you make BIG power (300 or Better) Lightened flywheels will make you lose some low end torque but it will rev better up top.

[Edited by skyliner (10-10-2000 at 09:28 PM).]

G

·
I am runing the JWT PP with stoch disk right now. I love it. Very smoth engagement. Iwould recomend it to anyone that is not putting down alot of power.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, I got the act street disk and love it. can dump it on the NOS and still no slipping. and I would not get anyother kind of flywheel except the JUN. own one and you will understand. hold one in your hand and say no is more like it

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I'm thinking of putting in a Turbo so I'll need some kind of holding power, the ACT , has a good review with all my friends so i think thats the way to go as far as the flywheel im not so sure which is the best..

Thanks Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts