SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Seeing red
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What time is everyone rolling into Birmingham on Friday? I know the old guys can't miss Jeopardy and the MacNeil-Lehrer News Hour, but this is directed at the majority of you conventiongoers.

If there are any specific things going on, I want to be on the same page. The suite is in my name, and I wanted to get there close to when my roommates arrive.

5PM?

[synchronize watches]

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Early Thursday evening. And you can keep Jeopardy. Ten minutes to Wapner. ;)

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'll prolly be rollin in on Friday afternoon, Im about 4hrs from there... btw does anyone know about the "entertainment" on Friday night??

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
We have a meeting room reserved from 5pm until 11. We are planning of having a Halloween party around 5:30. After that, I'm sure most people will want to go out to dinner. Its hard to really plan anything on Friday, since people get into town at different times. At the party is were we will hand out the raffle tickets, picnic info, and other stuff. If you can't make it to the party, don't worry, I'll bring all the stuff with me to the track on Saturday.

·
SE-R RACER
1,083 Posts
littlerudegirl said:
I'll prolly be rollin in on Friday afternoon, Im about 4hrs from there... btw does anyone know about the "entertainment" on Friday night??
Geo will be there in drag dancing on the bar. :)

·
Ironman
1,820 Posts
Sorry. I'll be dancing in tube socks and short gym shorts. It's just as ugly.

·
_______
2,170 Posts
Take lots of pics at the track event, for those who can't make it! (you bastards! ;))

And post them on the board here!

Thanks,
James

·
Veritas
6,205 Posts
James--

You forced me to drop the bomb: I am bringing all of my professional Nikon camera gear, and am shooting action pics of EVERY car at the track event.

Guys/gals can buy cheap 8x10s from me via website after the convention, with a percentage of every sale going back to SERCA.

So...you'll get a LOT of pics to look at, about 1 week afterwards. :)

·
_______
2,170 Posts
SERprise In WV said:
James--

You forced me to drop the bomb: I am bringing all of my professional Nikon camera gear, and am shooting action pics of EVERY car at the track event.

Guys/gals can buy cheap 8x10s from me via website after the convention, with a percentage of every sale going back to SERCA.

So...you'll get a LOT of pics to look at, about 1 week afterwards. :)
Excellent idea!! There are always lots of professional photographers at regional race events up here, and *everyone* always wants an action shot of themselves on the track. Too cool.

James

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Cool, Ill be bringing my new (to me) semi professional Canon D60 as well...Ill be shooting tons of photos as well.

Ill be looking to blackmail some people so look out! :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts