SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best tranny fluid for a n/a b13 se-r. some kid tryed to say you get 10 horses from using royal purple.

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
redline shockproof HD

·
slamed150
1,380 Posts
i use amsoil

·
4th sr20 and counting..
2,949 Posts
Shock proof is for diffs, Redline MT90 is for trannies. Redline recommends MT90 over Shockproof.
either way, i know theres tons of members running shockproof HD in there trannys.

Mt90 is also a great choice!

in my motor i run royal purple. ive read tons of contradiction info on royal but i use it anyway. it works for me.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
either way, i know theres tons of members running shockproof HD in there trannys.

Mt90 is also a great choice!

in my motor i run royal purple. ive read tons of contradiction info on royal but i use it anyway. it works for me.
on my last se-r the tranny was pretty notchy.......put superlight weight shock proof in it and the tranny transformed into a giant stick of butter.....was awsome. however i have heard some things about running shock proof for a long period of time messing things up:confused: anywho currently in my current se-r i am running amsoil.

oh, and heres what you do for the kid that told you you will gain 10hp from useing royal tranny fluid......go to your sock drawer and get a tube sock.....fill it with change and whack him in the back of the head and scream HOMIE DONT PLAY THAT!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
oh, and heres what you do for the kid that told you you will gain 10hp from useing royal tranny fluid......go to your sock drawer and get a tube sock.....fill it with change and whack him in the back of the head and scream HOMIE DONT PLAY THAT!
I really need to learn to read the whole post. Tranny fluid will not get you 10 HP, it will get you smoother shifts, and a better feel, but not 10 HP. A flywheel won't even get you 10 hp. I agree with Classic, only use bars of soap it will leave less bruises.

·
wants 2 dry hump chriscar
4,507 Posts
I really need to learn to read the whole post. Tranny fluid will not get you 10 HP, it will get you smoother shifts, and a better feel, but not 10 HP. A flywheel won't even get you 10 hp. I agree with Classic, only use bars of soap it will leave less bruises.
bruises will remind him of his stupidity;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts