SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ready to get in the FWD SR20 game, I have decided to build myself a nice 4dr B13 with a 2.0VE swap.

I simply want a 4dr Sentra for the extra function and versatility without the added weight the G20 provides. Plus, I also believe the B13 looks its sexiest in the 4dr variant and a 4 fog grille :)

Now, concerning interior/engine bay harnesses and Trim levels, are there really any Trims or years of Sentra that make life a little easier concerning a full SE-R brake, susp, and Engine setup? On the same note, any years I should avoid?

Next question, are all B13s and SRs Cable clutch?

Also, besides the rear Control arms and brakes/hubs/ebrake cable, is there any difference in the 4dr or SE-R chasis?

Thanks for all the help. This thread is a blessing, and an absolute killer of productivity :)_

·
SR's are a fad
711 Posts
just get a manual. perhaps getting an earlier b13 would also help, but i just did a uk swap into my 4dr auto XE, and the only problem was a little bit of wiring. the 5spd swap wasnt too bad.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rage said:
just get a manual. perhaps getting an earlier b13 would also help, but i just did a uk swap into my 4dr auto XE, and the only problem was a little bit of wiring. the 5spd swap wasnt too bad.
Ive owned and done major work on a an Evo, Z32, S13, Pathfinder, abd xterra.. So Im thinking an early sentra SE will be cakewalk compared to those cars :rofl: Im even thinking of going with a clean B12 as they are quite popular here.... Many clean ones up for sale from what I have seen.

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
Check out the link in my signature. My 4dr is slowly about to come alive.

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
se-rs have limited space on the clutch cables and other things..i know that whatever u touch will be sickly fast in the future

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
The B13 GXE's come with 4-wheel disk brakes already if you get one with ABS, plus they have rear folding seats, power windows, and a tach. I believe you could also get one with the sunroof. The HVAC controls are also better IMHO. I've wanted to find a GXE for a while, the green color, or saphire blue.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
SENTRASER said:
The B13 GXE's come with 4-wheel disk brakes already if you get one with ABS, plus they have rear folding seats, power windows, and a tach. I believe you could also get one with the sunroof. The HVAC controls are also better IMHO. I've wanted to find a GXE for a while, the green color, or saphire blue.
Truly awesome information man.

Thats a big hunk of info i will heed.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
t bags said:
se-rs have limited space on the clutch cables and other things..i know that whatever u touch will be sickly fast in the future
What exactly do you mean by limited space? Im doubting heavely that a 4dr is any different dimensionally than an SE-R from the A pillar forward.

And, What makes you think it will be fast :cool: :D

·
6,928 Posts

·
6,928 Posts

·
6,928 Posts

·
6,928 Posts
P.S. The 93-4 have the more agressive front bumper and better headlights too.

·
6,928 Posts

·
6,928 Posts
BObby12many said:
4fog bumper is a necessity Im thinking.
True, those are sexy.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
SENTRASER said:
Ryan as far as I know no GXE's with ABS or not had no rear disc's. All B-13's with the GA16 have drums on the rear. And I'v seen alot of sentra's over the years. I have a 93 GXE sittin here at the house with ABS and it has rear drums.

·
TRU-SleeperProject
318 Posts
james vick said:
Ryan as far as I know no GXE's with ABS or not had no rear disc's. All B-13's with the GA16 have drums on the rear. And I'v seen alot of sentra's over the years. I have a 93 GXE sittin here at the house with ABS and it has rear drums.
I think he's right. I have a 92 GXE 4-door with an SR in it. It has rear disc brakes only because the previous owner swapped in all of the NX2000 brakes to the car while doing the motor. And from all the GXEs that I've seen around here, there aren't any with rear disc brakes. I'm from Guam, a small island, but the are a lot of Sentras here. So I may be wrong about it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts