SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
aka Mr Ryte on G20.net
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I hadn't been on the VWVORTEX forum for too long, I received this suspicious email as of late.......

From "nicholas jones" <[email protected]>

i am still very much interested in buying the Manual Jetta GLI/Golf GTI Recaro front seats,.i will arrange the shipment myself,and am paying with cashier check if is accepted let me have all the information needed to issue you the check, cos am not in town for now, there is a client of mine in the US who is owning me $5,020 i will instruct him to issue out the check to you and as soon as you receive it i will like you to cash it immediately deduct yours for the Manual Jetta GLI/Golf GTI Recaro front seats and send the remainig balance of $...... via western union money transfer or money gram so that i can be able to pay my shipper for the shipment of Manual Jetta GLI/Golf GTI Recaro front seats,if this is okay by you i will like you to send me your FULL NAME, CONTACT ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER or CELL PHONE NUMBER so that payment will be made to you right away. get back to me immediately so that i can forward your infomation to my client for him to issue out the check to you.

thank;

NICOLAS JONES.....
:rolleyes:
I'm sure some of you are familiar with this type of scheme, but if not, here's how it goes:
I give him my address and other personal info to receive a "check" from this guy's "client". I deposit the "check" at the bank, and wait for it to clear. In the meantime, I send the products and the difference in the $5000 to this "Nick Jones" within a week's time or so. Then the $5000 check turns out to be fake and I'm out of my money and my items, while this crook laughs all the way to the bank.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so that you don't get swindled by this crackhead if he ever shows his face around here. :eek: :eek: :mad:
L8R......

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Re: !!!!!!!!!Beware of this person who may be lurking around on the classifieds!!!!!!!!!!

howard_w13 said:
Although I hadn't been on the VWVORTEX forum for too long, I received this suspicious email as of late.......

:rolleyes:
I'm sure some of you are familiar with this type of scheme, but if not, here's how it goes:
I give him my address and other personal info to receive a "check" from this guy's "client". I deposit the "check" at the bank, and wait for it to clear. In the meantime, I send the products and the difference in the $5000 to this "Nick Jones" within a week's time or so. Then the $5000 check turns out to be fake and I'm out of my money and my items, while this crook laughs all the way to the bank.

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up so that you don't get swindled by this crackhead if he ever shows his face around here. :eek: :eek: :mad:
L8R......
Some asshole tried to do this with my S2000 when I posted. I did not know about the scam but I was smart enough to tell him to call me before we went any firther. Never head from him again... Good looking out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts