SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got suggestions on a big brake upgrade kit other than the SMC?. I've heard of the 300zx upgrade for the front. Has anyone done this already?

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Which year 300? I believe the Z32 (90-96) were 5 lug pattern, so getting them to fit on a Sentra will be, ah, not possible really. I have heard the 4 piston Z32 brakes will go on a 240SX though. Does that sound right?

The only "bolt right up" brake kit I know of off any other Nissan is the NX2000. You really don't need anything more than that as it is a substantial upgrade.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by se-riously boosted:
Anyone got suggestions on a big brake upgrade kit other than the SMC?. I've heard of the 300zx upgrade for the front. Has anyone done this already?</font>

I hate to sound like the rest of the mailing list because this is the forum but you gotta chack the archives. But here it is anyway:

http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/2001/2001-03/msg00294.html

http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/2001/2001-03/frm00324.html

I think Ralphy tried it on his B14 and gave up.

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
I just got the NX2000 brakes and I love 'em. I got them from Courtesy, but you can get them cheaper if you want to burgle your local Pep Boys. Look it up on SE-R.net. The AV22VF rotors are about twice as thick as my stockers and the caliper is significantly bigger. Now I just need to find some high temp pads for track days...

------------------
-=Matt=- 97 SE-R 94,000smiles+, POP, custom 2.25" exhaust, ACT, Shifter, ST sways, AV22VFs (new!)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Steve from SMC and i have talked about this a couple times. The offset on the z/32 brakes is differnt and would tuff to do even with access to a machine shop witch i have. For what it would cost to do it you can just buy the BABK from smc. Brian has these on his car and trust me that sucka stops!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are these stock diameter???. I'm lookin for stopping power, but also a better looking caliper because of my wheels. thx for all the info guys.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
No they are bigger. You will need at least a 15 inch wheel and some of them won't work. brian?

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Hole pattern on the rotor would be the least of the concerns; how do you think rear Maxima brakes are adaptable to a B14 rear? The biggest concern would be the torque members. If one could get their hands on a torque member that would allow the usage of a 300Z caliper on a B chasis knuckle, everything else would be pretty simple IMHO.

------------------
David De Anda
Turbo Sentra SE
HTA Drag Squad

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Now I just need to find some high temp pads for track days...
</font>
Carbotech Panther Plus, Hawk Blue, or Porterfield R4.

Panthers and Blues are about the same (~$120). Bring a mint to buy R4 pads.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

1 - 11 of 11 Posts