SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much horsepower am I going to gain with a 3" vs 2.5" exhaust on a t25 turbo? If going 2.5 inch isn't too big a loss, it would be a lot easier to control the noise..

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doug H:
How much horsepower am I going to gain with a 3" vs 2.5" exhaust on a t25 turbo? If going 2.5 inch isn't too big a loss, it would be a lot easier to control the noise.. </font>
The only thing I can say is that open exaust (no cat back, 2.5 downpipe) was no traction in 2nd and 3 inch crush was traction in second..

BIGGER.. the better =) Go 3 inch or 2.5 mandrel if you have to. 3 inch crush through a dynomax muffler was pretty damn quiet on my sentra... was with BBDET
david

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was going to get one for the 2.5 inch exhaust just to keep that quiet. So, you don't think a 3" exhaust with a Dynomax muffler and a bullet pre-muffler will be loud?

And a 3" exhaust can fit where the stock exhaust did?

·
G-unit
1,132 Posts
3 inch exhaust will be louder than 2.5, do you want a little more power or less noise? I say go 3 inch if you were gonna run bigger than a T-25.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is pretty crazy. You said your 3" exhaust was "pretty quiet." Anything you could compare it to?

·
Registered
163 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Doug H:
Yeah, I was going to get one for the 2.5 inch exhaust just to keep that quiet. So, you don't think a 3" exhaust with a Dynomax muffler and a bullet pre-muffler will be loud?

And a 3" exhaust can fit where the stock exhaust did?
</font>
it's more deep than loud...i personally like the way it sounds....just as long as you have the premuffler it'll be nice-n quiet. also, the 3" will fit just fine.

------------------
http://www.sleepermotorsport.com/
[email protected]

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
3 mandrel. Jay hass was actually considering experimenting with larger than 3" for his car.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
the turbo actually quiets down the car quite a bit, unless you are running just a downpipe. I have a good friend running a Minam II kit on his 2k 2.5 rs and he can have the exhaust rigged up so it looks like it is there, but he is only running a 1' long 3" downpipe off of the turbo, and that is loud, but normally it is quiet at idle.

·
Fmax Stg II B13
358 Posts
PNW's car *was* very quiet... I will attest to that, kinda strange considering it was a Dynomax muffler (gag!)

------------------
Brian
AIM: pdxs2000
91 se-r 12.31 @ 117.8mph
00 s2000 14.1 @ 98.6 mph

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PDX S2000:
PNW's car *was* very quiet... I will attest to that, kinda strange considering it was a Dynomax muffler (gag!)

</font>

Ya... but it was free =)

I'll let ya guys know how a 2.5 downpipe to 3 inch crush cat back (stock cat, no resonator) with a walker race muffler sounds tomorrow =)
David
92NX2kT

1 - 14 of 14 Posts