SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saved up about 1600........i dunno if i should get a VE n turbo it.....or get a JDM motor for cheap n throw a turbo on it...........but VE dont spun bearings like DEs do...can sum1 please help me out on how 2 spend this money.......VE or DE..????? is VE jus hype or is it WAAY better then the DE????

·
Broke Ass
4,774 Posts
First of all, it all depends on what you want. If you want a quick na car then get the VE. But it will take more than $1600 to install a VE in your car. And it will be ALOT more than $1600 if you wanna turbo the VE also.

Second, the only reason the VE doesn't spin bearings like the DE is because VE oil pump is better.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
go det...more options later on if you have forced induction. ve will be more expensive but more reliable. det will be cheaper, reliable if you don't boost the hell out of it, and you will have the ability to get 300whp for RELATIVELY cheap compared to the ve down the road

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.