SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Endless Turbo Preparation
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey All:

So I'm wondering if I ran 444cc injectors @ 4 bar w/a Z32 MAF (The JWT ECU programmed the same), would I run into any issues running this on a small T25?

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of getting the injectors/ECU/MAF in case I choose to upgrade in the future. As long as the heavy fuel/MAF system won't hurt a T25 setup I don't see a reason not to go w/an upgraded setup to begin with to save time/money in the future. I just didn't fully understand how the fuel and MAF system sends air/fuel and how that all ties into the tuned JWT ECU. So will I run into any problems? Are there any disadvantages?

-G

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
^^^ X2. I wanna do the same thing so when I upgrade turbos I already have a tune but my setup is T25,Lightning maf,96LB injectors,4 bar,Avenir motor. Can anybody help us out.

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was running 72lbs/cobra maf with a JWT ECU @ 6-9psi w/ t28 with no problem at all but I only ran the car for like 1 month, then here I'm now on Afghanistan a whole year and a weke up to go back home

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
I was running 72lbs/cobra maf with a JWT ECU @ 6-9psi w/ t28 with no problem at all but I only ran the car for like 1 month, then here I'm now on Afghanistan a whole year and a weke up to go back home
Was it pig rich @ those boost levels???

·
agent camel toe
9,396 Posts
ur car will run rich until its tuned...i ran msd#50/z32 maf on a bb t25 with no problems...just ake the time out and figure out what whp goal ur looking for and go from their

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Hey All:

So I'm wondering if I ran 444cc injectors @ 4 bar w/a Z32 MAF (The JWT ECU programmed the same), would I run into any issues running this on a small T25?

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking of getting the injectors/ECU/MAF in case I choose to upgrade in the future. As long as the heavy fuel/MAF system won't hurt a T25 setup I don't see a reason not to go w/an upgraded setup to begin with to save time/money in the future. I just didn't fully understand how the fuel and MAF system sends air/fuel and how that all ties into the tuned JWT ECU. So will I run into any problems? Are there any disadvantages?

-G
The ecu doesn't care what type of turbo you run...so yes you can run the 444cc @ 4bar w/a Z32 using only a T25. There are no disadvantages to using a turbo that isn't capable of making the power that your ecu is able to control.

·
SR20DEtroit
1,365 Posts
^ Thanks for clearing that up... I imagine the injectors and MAF will be not even close to maxxed out at stockish (6-7psi) T25 boost levels... she will be one your bottlenecks in terms of achieving more power though.

·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We have a discrepancy:

ur car will run rich until its tuned...i ran msd#50/z32 maf on a bb t25 with no problems...just ake the time out and figure out what whp goal ur looking for and go from their
I take that as a disadvantage that the car will run rich?

The ecu doesn't care what type of turbo you run...so yes you can run the 444cc @ 4bar w/a Z32 using only a T25. There are no disadvantages to using a turbo that isn't capable of making the power that your ecu is able to control.
hmmm...no disadvantages here..

Discuss..

-G

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
i agree with victorious and the others that say you wont have any problems. The ocmputer knows how much air is being passed and accounts for that by changing the a/f ratio and injector duty,as well as timing. The inkjectors are capable of xcc flow but that doesnt mean its always spraying that amount

·
SR20DEtroit
1,365 Posts
Tbags may not have noticed that you're running an ECU for the exact setup you're running. What he's saying may be true considering you run that MAF/inj combo w/o a tune.

Victorious seems to be on point with what he's saying.

·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Tbags may not have noticed that you're running an ECU for the exact setup you're running. What he's saying may be true considering you run that MAF/inj combo w/o a tune.

Victorious seems to be on point with what he's saying.
ahhh...yah, this would be ran off a JWT ECU programmed for [email protected]/Z32 MAF

Well that's good news that it doesn't present any problems. I may go this route.

·
Registered
606 Posts
You wont have problem. Just make sure you get a decent 11.5 - 12.0 A F tune.

·
SE-R NUT
419 Posts
i have the Jwt with 8.5, 72lb, cobra MAf t28 turbo at stock boost till my motor is broken in completely and i have a aem wideband to double check it and it works great. it also has alot of power potentual. I wouldnt really recommend using the 4 bar program because you might get fuel distrabution issues.

·
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
SE-R NUT
419 Posts
injectors are designed to operate at a particular pressure where they will have the best spray pattern. if you increase the pressure they may not atomize the fuel as well.

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
injectors are designed to operate at a particular pressure where they will have the best spray pattern. if you increase the pressure they may not atomize the fuel as well.
actually you got it backwards.. higher pressure atomizes better

1 - 17 of 17 Posts