SR20 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, can anyone explai this.
Ever since moving to LA, I've seen all these horrible looking Civic's with body pieces that you couldn't imagine. (That's besides the point, but I just have to mention it.)
Anyway, it seems that all of these Civics have small tires in the front and huge 17 or 18" tires in front. Now I know that BMW sometimes puts a slighter bigger tire on the rear of their cars, but not that big. Is ther any benefit to this, or is it just that people are trying to make their cars look cool.

Thanks..

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I must be on crack. It's suppossed to read small tires in front and huge tires in the rear.

I need some coffee.....

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The way I see it, there can only be a few reasons:

1. Their front rims hit a pothole and thus bending or cracking their rims, or the tires blew out.

2. They came into some financial trouble, and was in need of money badly, and so they sold two of their aftermarket wheels, and threw their stockers back on.

3. They want to simulate the drag race look by putting stock wheels/tires up front (making it look like they have drag slicks or something... on FWD cars only, though.)

If anything, #3 would be my answer.

--Andrew Phan
1998 200SX SE-R
1993 NX2000

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
I've seen that a lot too. I think it's the drag racer look like Andrew said. Just looks stupid to me.

·
Turd Furgeson
3,935 Posts
yeah ive seen this too. Huge wheels sticking out in back of like a CRX or sonmethin. WTF? i dont know what to say to that.

·
Registered
708 Posts
It looks stupid but with smaller drive wheels you can get better acceleration. Plus it will be lower in the front to help fight weight transfer to the rear. Now it would really look stupid on a RWD car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
are you one of those people? hence the response?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
I know why. WEll for the most part......they might have been at the strip with their shitty stock wheels and don't want to ruin their expensive ones....</font>

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey dart were in LA are you? And welcome to the smog capital of the world

------------------
92'xe/w-primera swap
Soon to be NOS fed

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">small tires in front and huge tires in
the rear. </font>
Stupid, dumb-ass, crack smokin' Ricers. Lemme guess, the front rims are steel, right.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, I live here in Cali too and I am gulty of running my stock on the front the only reason for me is when I feel like burning out on some ricer civics or somthing the 14" stock with 185-60-14 light up pretty hot through first and into second makes them look like WTF because there is less weight than my 17" wheels DUH! but this is only rare that I do this because it does look stupid...

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Yes and no. I have driven around for a few weeks with my 17" rims on the back and stock ones on the front after going to the strip. Do I think it looks cool? No. Am I just too lazy to put them back on? Yes.

G

·
0 Posts
Running a smaller circumference in front would help with acceleration on a touque-hindered four banger but wouldn't large rear circumference add drag/friction?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts