SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows it done? I got Powerstop x-drilled rotors and Axxiss metal matrix pads for the front. I was told you have to bleed the brakes after the install.

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys, KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts, ES Bushings, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

'98 VR6, stock (the womans car)

·
Registered
466 Posts
If you didn't remove any brake lines, then you shouldn't have to. But it never hurts to bleed them anyway.

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Unless you have speed-bleeders, this is a 2 person job.

1) Place wife in driver seat
2) Place one end of a small rubber hose over bleed screw and the other end into a container (a beer bottle works well)
3) open bleed screw with (I think) 10mm wrench
4) have wife press brake pedal to the floor and hold it there.
5) close bleed screw, wife can now let pedal off the floor.
6) repeat step 3-5 at least 10 times per corner.

Notes: DO NOT let the reservior run dry. Keep filling it up with new fluid after 5-6 times through steps 3-5. Start with the wheel farthest from the master cylinder (that would be right rear) and work your way up to the one closest to the master cylinder. So the order is: RR, LR, RF, LF.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Im sorry you got those rotors....

And well I hate that rule of "thumb" that you didnt touch the lines so no need to bleed. After my mechanic did my brakes I bet he didnt bleed the system. Brakes felt like **** after that.

·
Registered
466 Posts
On the caliper. If you have never done this, you might want to getsomeone who has done this to help you.

Do it wrong = no brakes

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
I bled mine and they were ok then while we greased up my rear pins and got new rear pads eric bled mine. I swear having someone that has done it alot really helps. My brakes had never felt as good possibly from both the new rear pads and eric's bleeding skills. So when you come down have him get his hands dirty
. I know I am

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Just one question though, where is the bleed screw?</font>
It looks like a metal nipple on the caliper. Might have a little rubber dust cover on it to keep it clean.

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts