SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Ok On going problem with my boost controller, even though I dont have my car with me at the time, this problem has been dwelling on my mind. Anywhoo Im still not sure if I hooked my BC up correctly because right now I have it set on AC actuator, when I have an external wastegate. I have the Tial 35mm wastegate with one line running off the side to the unit, I also have another line which is the boost source running right off the first pipe off the compressor side, When I have it like that it boost 8- pounds with the unit off, when I turn it on it jumps to ten without moving the Dial, If I set the box to WG or Wastegate the boost isnt registered it will just clime to as much as it wants I guess cause once I saw it hit 16 lbs I let off quicker then cat in a fire. So what do you think is the problem, When I turn up the boost dial sometimes it increases and sometimes it doesn't , Im starting to get confused, anyone with this unit that has gotten it to work please help me out.

TIA,
Mike.
Turbo Classic, t3/T04e Tial 35mm Custom piping griffen intercooler, custom manifold, 370cc injectors, paxton fpr, Super AFC Apexi, Greddy EGT, AM Boost, HKS Turbo Timer, Blitz SBC, Eibach Sportlines , Haltec coming soon, full facelift coming soon.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
it could be a vaccume leak somewhere. maybe a slit in the line that only opens when you get on it. does your boost controller have a high and low boost setting? if it does, turn down your high boost and set your low boost to where you want it and try that.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
Whoa, you're only running 370cc injectors?! You might want to think about moving up to the 550cc or whatever they are if you're boosting a lot with that big turbo. Otherwise, you could end up running lean and blowing the whole motor apart. I seem to recall reading that the 370 injectors are only good to like 240 or 280 whp. Once you go past that, they can't provide enough fuel.

------------------
'96 SE-R.... a few tweaks here and there :)

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
LOL hold on.... Mike will have an "interesting" reply to that one... Just check his last discussion on the subject....here comes the 10,000 lbs/hour injectors

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bowlcut:
LOL hold on.... Mike will have an "interesting" reply to that one... Just check his last discussion on the subject....here comes the 10,000 lbs/hour injectors
</font>
Actually I believe 8000CC will do for what I need. All kidding aside, I plan on going with 660cc for my application maybe 720cc not sure yet. The 370cc injectors are good for up to about 13 14 pounds on that turbo, I know this cause Ive done it with no detonation. As for 370cc only being able to go up to I believe u said 240 or so , They can handle more then that just read the Project Impreza build up in SCC.

[This message has been edited by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 (edited 04-03-2001).]

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
I do not think the injector size would have any affect on boost, unless you had a bad ass system hooked up to a j&s knock sensor to a stand alone or something like that.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20:
Ok Ok On going problem with my boost controller, even though I dont have my car with me at the time, this problem has been dwelling on my mind. Anywhoo Im still not sure if I hooked my BC up correctly because right now I have it set on AC actuator, when I have an external wastegate. I have the Tial 35mm wastegate with one line running off the side to the unit, I also have another line which is the boost source running right off the first pipe off the compressor side, When I have it like that it boost 8- pounds with the unit off, when I turn it on it jumps to ten without moving the Dial, If I set the box to WG or Wastegate the boost isnt registered it will just clime to as much as it wants I guess cause once I saw it hit 16 lbs I let off quicker then cat in a fire. So what do you think is the problem, When I turn up the boost dial sometimes it increases and sometimes it doesn't , Im starting to get confused, anyone with this unit that has gotten it to work please help me out.

</font>

While I don't know too much about the Blitz two things come to mind.

1. It's a fuzzy logic controller and they are very fuzzy. You probably have to set initial "curve"

2. Your BOV is opening and confusing the hell out of the wastegate/boost controller.

Number Two happened to me. I would turn the boost controller up and the boost would come down to a point, and turn it down and it would come up to a point. My BOV was opening.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts